Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2021 by Admin C.L.
ALL Grade 12 students are required to complete the Vanier General Scholarship Application form to be considered for any and all school scholarships that are administered through Vanier (Vanier Collegiate Scholarships Committee).
There will be a virtual presentation on March 23 reviewing a number of scholarships and explaining Vanier’s General Scholarship Application Form.
- You can do a paper copy or a PDF Fillable Form and then print it.
- You can add a resume to your scholarship package and if possible please provide a copy of your acceptance letter from the school you plan on attending.
- Deadline: All paper copies need to be handed into your Catholic Studies teacher on March 30, 2021.
- If you miss the deadline, Ms. Lapointe will come and see you to ask you to fill one out on March 31.
- If you are learning online, please contact Ms. Lapointe if you have not received her emails and you can email the information to her at email@example.com.
- These copies will then be provided to the scholarship committee.
- MANDATORY FOR ALL STUDENTS REGARDLESS OF PLANS OR GRADES.
Each year the Saskatchewan School Boards Association awards two $2,500.00 scholarships to graduating Saskatchewan high school students:
- Degree Program Scholarship: $2,500
- Technical/Trade Program Scholarship: $2,500
- Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of demonstrated good character, community leadership, financial need, and a 500-word essay.
- The application deadline is Aug. 31 each year
- Application Form
- Scholarship Scoring Rubric
The application deadline for students applying for the SSBA Scholarships is Aug. 31. Please send your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is recommended that you also contact the Association to ensure that your application form was received. You can contact the Association at 306-569-0750.
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2021 by Admin C.L.
The Leader Post Foundation (3 X $5000)
These bursaries are granted primarily on need. Graduating students must be accepted as a full-time student at a recognized institution and provide reference letters. Involvement in school and community must be evident.
The deadline is May 30 each year. For more information, email email@example.com.
Evan Thomas went to Vanier Collegiate for 2 years while playing hockey in Moose Jaw. He touched the lives of many people during his short time in Moose Jaw. This scholarship was created to honor the memory of Evan.
- Must have made honor roll in grade 11 and 12
- Must be pursuing a post-secondary program
- Must be graduating in the current year
- Must have played hockey or baseball of any kind during his/her time at Vanier
- Sense of humor
- Hard working
- Must provide proof of acceptance into a recognized post-secondary institution
- Must provide a copy of school transcripts
- Must provide a letter of recommendation from a representative from the Moose Jaw hockey or baseball leagues outlining the candidate’s involvement
- Must describe why you would like to receive this award (100 words or less)
- Deadline for submission is June 4 – EXTENDED TO THURSDAY, JUNE 9
- Must fill out the Evan Thomas Memorial Application form and hand into the office at Vanier
- Application Form
- 2021 – email a pdf copy (firstname.lastname.ETMS.pdf) to CHRISTA.LAPOINTE@HTCSD.CA
- OR drop it off to the Vanier Collegiate Main Office Attention: Scholarship Committee
- Vanier will email a copy of the applications to Laurie and Scott Thomas
The scholarship amount is $500 and will be presented to student at graduation or prior to fall semester.
Laurie and Scott Thomas will make the selection for the Evan Thomas Memorial Scholarship 2020
Posted on Wednesday, March 17, 2021 by Admin C.L.
Open to Vanier grade 12 students who are continuing post-secondary school. The student must be a son/daughter of a K of C member.
2021 Father Lawless Council Knights of Columbus Scholarship Application Form
Deadline: April 30, 2021
Submit to: Vanier Collegiate Office, Attention: Scholarship Committee
Posted on Thursday, March 4, 2021 by Admin C.L.
- May 1 of each year
- Submit your application, proof of acceptance and short paragraph to Vanier Collegiate Main Office, Attention: Scholarship Committee
- This scholarship will be awarded to a graduate of Vanier Collegiate who has completed all the courses necessary to receive their high school Diploma – Mention Bilingue.
- The recipient will have attended Vanier Collegiate for a minimum of two years, have an average of 75% or better in grade twelve according to the criteria established by the school for this calculation. The financial needs of the family are an important consideration.
- In order to receive these funds the student will submit proof by May 1 of their enrollment at a University in Canada or in France and taking a minimum of two classes in French in their first year of study.
- If you do not have proof of registration of classes, please apply anyways before the deadline and state your intention of taking TWO FRENCH CLASSES next year. Once you have registered you can then email proof of enrollment to Ms. Lapointe.
- Application forms for this scholarship are available from the Counsellor’s office, scholarship board, or by downloading the file below.
- If in any year the terms and conditions of this scholarship are not met, the scholarship will not be awarded for that year.
La Bourse Scholarship French Immersion Application Form
This Scholarship is open to:
- Any student whose parent or guardian is a CUPE Local 5506 member in good standing.
- One scholarship will be awarded in the amount of five hundred dollars ($500.00).
- The scholarship candidate shall be a Grade Twelve graduate during the current school year and continuing his/her education or trade at a recognized institution the following school year.
- The scholarship candidate shall have an acceptable academic standing in his/her high school year.
- The scholarship candidate must be a good citizen, law abiding, and with good school conduct.
- Involvement in student activities, the community and volunteer organizations may be included in the selection.
- Applications must be submitted to Local 5506 and include a letter of recommendation from the principal or counsellor, and verification of continued education.
- If no scholarship candidate is selected no scholarship for that year will be awarded.
Submit application form to Recording Secretary – see application form for address.
Local 5506 Scholarship APPLICATION FORMHTCSD CUPE
Posted on Wednesday, March 3, 2021 by Admin C.L.
Ecole St. Margaret
- Two scholarships of $1000 dollars each to be awarded to two (2) applicants continuing on to any post-secondary educational institute.
- Require applicants to have involvement in community , school, youth and/or other volunteer activities as well as some leadership qualities.
- Grade 12 from one of the Moose Jaw high schools. Minimum average of 75%.
- Deadline date is May 20 of each year.
- Transcript from the school main office.
- Only the successful applicants and their respective school will be notified.
- 2021 Friend of Youth Optimist Scholarship Form
- Letter of acceptance
- Two letters of reference (read the application)
- School transcript
Please see Ms. Lapointe for more information and/or pick up an application form outside of her room or CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION FORM AND PROCEDURES.
- “Healing the World with Optimism”
For more information and details about the competition please CLICK HERE for the information and application sheet.