Posted on Sunday, May 3, 2020 by Admin C.L.
- For students studying in a health-related field (Medicine, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Pharmacy, Nutrition, Social Work).
- Each application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine their eligibility.
- Applicants are required to provide an essay presenting what their study plans are and providing their grade transcripts.
- First year, second year and everyone one in between are welcome to apply.
Value: Multiple awards at varying amounts ($2000 – $20,000)
Deadline: June 1 – 30
Moose Jaw Arts in Motion is pleased to announce that the Larry Wilson Scholarship Program will again be available to students who wish to study in the following artistic disciplines:
- Dance (Traditional and Contemporary)
- Musical Theatre (live voice and dance)
- Literature (including writing, journalism, screen writing)
The scholarships are funded from monies set aside by Larry Wilson to acknowledge the contributions that his family made to the arts. They are executed by the South Saskatchewan Community Foundation.
Applicants Please Note:
- Deadline for all applications is June 30, 2020
- You may apply in more than one category. If you are applying in more than one category, please be sure to fill out a separate application for each category and include a complete set of supporting documents for each application.
- The application must be sent directly to:
Larry Wilson Scholarship Program
Moose Jaw Arts In Motion,
Box 1782, Moose Jaw, SK S6H 7K
- Only those who are awarded scholarships will be notified.
- Materials submitted by applicants will not be returned.
Website and Application Form, Letter of Support and Cover Note for Applicant
The Saskatchewan Chapter Gerry McCudden Scholarship is a competitive, merit-based scholarship program designed for graduating grade twelve students who desire financial support for their pursuit of post-secondary educational opportunities. The amount of this Scholarship will be $2,000, provided for the first year of post-secondary education.
- Submit an essay, have leadership roles and have an academic average of 80% or higher
- Must be accepted into a post-secondary program for the following year
Deadline: June 17, 2020
Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2020 by Admin C.L.
The Royal Canadian Legion Moose Jaw Branch #59 Poppy Fund Bursary
This bursary is extended annually to Grade 12 students who are sons, daughters or grandchildren of ex-servicemen in need of assistance in financing further education.
The Royal Canadian Legion Moose Jaw Branch #59 Nola Belisle Memorial Bursary
- This on-going bursary has been renamed to honour the memory of Nola Belisle. This being done in 1996 by the Honours & Awards Committee of Branch #59 of the Royal Canadian Legion. One bursary is to be awarded annually to each of the five high schools in the City of Moose Jaw, SK.
- Any student completing Grade 12 in a MJ High School with the following qualifications:
- Participation in worthy community projects.
- Good moral character.
- Maintains high scholastic standing.
- Participates in extra curricular activities.
- Plans to continue with further education.
- Complete the application form and add supporting documents.
- READ THE APPLICATION FORM AND INSTRUCTIONS ON WHERE AND WHEN TO SUBMIT IT – click this link to get the application form!
- You can contact Mr. Moser (firstname.lastname@example.org) and ask for a letter of verification of attendance at Vanier in place of his signature this year due to COVID.
- Deadline: May 31, 2020
Posted on Friday, April 24, 2020 by Admin C.L.
Information and Application Form
Nomination Deadline: May 10, 2020
Submissions: email a pdf copy to email@example.com (nominee name.Boechler.pdf)
Open to Vanier grade 12 students who are continuing post-secondary school. The student must be a son/daughter of a K of C member.
Deadline: May 15, 2020
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org (please read the instructions on how to send the application in)
Posted on Thursday, April 23, 2020 by Admin C.L.
Proceeds for this scholarship are provided by the CWL councils of St. Joseph’s Church Moose Jaw, Church of Our Lady Moose Jaw, St. John’s Church Marquis, and UCWL council of the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Moose Jaw.
- Any child of a member from a group listed below may apply. However, preference may be given to a graduate of Vanier Collegiate, Holy Trinity Catholic School Division.
- Child of a member of CWL or UCWL council St. Joseph’s Church Moose Jaw, Church of Our Lady Moose Jaw, St. John’s Marquis, or the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Moose Jaw.
- Transcript of Grade XII marks signed by the school principal.
- Description of your school, church (most important) and community activities including volunteer work.
- Applicant must be accepted to University, College or Vocational School for the fall term following Grade XII graduation – provide proof of acceptance must be included.
- Application deadline is May 15, 2020. Typically, the deadline is May 1, but due to COVID we are extending the deadline till the 15th.
- Vanier students can submit to Christa Lapointe, Vanier Collegiate Guidance Councilor
- They will then be given to the CWL Scholarship Committee.
- Given to the president of their CWL organization.
- Scholarship will be presented at the annual Vanier Collegiate commencement ceremony in June of each year.
Posted on Wednesday, April 22, 2020 by Admin C.L.
Nelson is committed to empowering student success. That is why we created the Nelson Scholarship Program, a $10,000 award that recognizes grade 12 students for their work in the classroom and in their communities.
Deadline: In May or June – go to the link below to read more about the two opportunties.
The Leader Post Foundation (3 X $5000)
These bursaries are granted primarily on need. Graduating students must be accepted as a full-time student at a recognized institution and provide reference letters. Involvement in school and community must be evident.
The deadline is May 30 each year. For more information, email email@example.com.