Posted on Thursday, June 2, 2022 by Admin C.L.
Posted on Wednesday, December 8, 2021 by Admin C.L.
Enter to win a $2500 Scholarship
Eligibility: Students under age 19 as of October 1, 2022
Official Topic: “How does an optimist mindset change my tomorrow?”
- 700-800 words.
- Hyphenated words count as one word.
- Title, Footnotes and Biography (are not included in word count).
Deadline: February 11, 2022
Send to or contact: Lloyd Pethick at 306-694-4121, 278 Wellington Drive, Moose Jaw, SK S6K 1A4
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2021 by Admin C.L.
For the most up-to-date information on scholarships relating to Vanier Collegiate students please go to this LINK.
Being awarded a scholarship is a great way for students to be recognized for all their hard work, but you will not get a scholarship if you do not apply. Finding scholarships can be a daunting task, but it is worth the effort. As a student of Vanier, you have scholarships that are specifically available to you. These are the result of contributions from alumni and community members throughout the years. During the school year, you will be alerted to scholarships not listed on this page. They may be relevant to you or not, but take a look each time.
New scholarships will be added to the Grads Scholarship Page on Edsby. If you are in Grade 12 and not connected to that group, please see the scholarship coordinator. Deadlines and reminders will be shared in the Edsby group as well. Each scholarship has a unique set of criteria and its own deadline. These deadlines are non-negotiable. Make sure to check out the scholarship workshop sessions that run during the school year. If you have further questions, get in touch with the Scholarship Coordinator. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2021 by Admin C.L.
Two scholarships worth $1000 each
- Academic standing (top 10% of class)
- Volunteer work in school and community
- Work Experience
- Complete the application form below. Read the instructions! Pay attention to details. If you need more space, type in a document and attach to the application form, stating see attached documents in sections that you typed in a word processor.
- 500 word essay
- Two References
- Proof of acceptance to post-secondary
- Deadline: June 30
- (note: scholarships may be deferred for a year if the student is a year long Rotary Exchange student or is deferring post-secondary attendance to work due to financial need.)
Posted on by Admin C.L.
Vanier Alumni will be hosting the annual presentaiton to provide the present graduates with advice, tips and genral knowledge about their first year out of high school. There will be a variety of alumni who all had different experiences. Some worked, upgrades, played sports, trades, went to college or univerisry. There is lots to learn from their lessons learned. Some of the topics may include:
- Cooking for yourself
- Living on your own
- Picking classes and office hours
- Used books
- Balancing social and school
- Work and choosing schools and programs/changing minds
- Student support services
- Online classes
- Mental Health
- Method: Google Meets
- Sign up by using this google form – https://forms.gle/UJ4X36iXgaAdtSqV6
- Date: Thursday, June 22 at 7:00 pm
Google Meets Tips:
- Google Meet Grid View (if you want to see all participates in a grid format) – you need to enable this extension
Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2021 by Admin C.L.
The Hillcrest Ladies Golf League will be awarding a $500 scholarship to a female graduate who will be attending post-secondary education this fall from Peacock, Central and Vanier. The scholarships will be given to outstanding athletes accepted into post-secondary education.
The application must be in the form of a 500 word essay containing the following:
- Tell us about you
- The post-secondary institution you will be attending in the fall
- The role of sport and academics in your life and your future endeavors
- How sport plays a role in the development of character and leadership in women
Submit the application via email attachment (PDF) to email@example.com by June 12, 2021.
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2021 by Admin C.L.
Go to the main page of pursue, scroll down to the bottom of the page, search the scholarship.
Every year the new form and information will be posted. Please note that the scholarships below have their own deadline dates, forms and places to send them to. Read carefully!
- Ned Andreoni Memorial Scholarship
- Catholic Women’s League
- Knight’s of Columbus Father Gilpin Council Award
- Knights of Columbus Council #1541 Awards,
- Redemptorist Father Scholarship
- Evan Thomas Memorial Scholarship
- Elementary SCC Scholarships
- Holy Trinity Teachers’ Association Award
- Boechler Great West Life Scholarship
- SYA Trades
- Royal Canadian Legion Scholarships and Bursaries
- Hillcrest Ladies Golf League
- CUPE 5512
- CUPE 5506
- CUPE 600-3
- Friendly City Optimist Club
- Rotary Club of Moose Jaw
- Rotary Club of Wakamow
- There are more, I am sure:-)
Posted on by Admin C.L.
ALL Grade 12 students are required to complete the Vanier General Scholarship Application form to be considered for any and all school scholarships that are administered through Vanier (Vanier Collegiate Scholarships Committee).
There will be a virtual presentation every March reviewing a number of scholarships and explaining Vanier’s General Scholarship Application Form.
- You can do a paper copy or a PDF Fillable Form and then print it.
- You can add a resume to your scholarship package and if possible please provide a copy of your acceptance letter from the school you plan on attending.
- Deadline: All paper copies need to be handed into your Catholic Studies teacher on March 30, 2021.
- If you miss the deadline, Ms. Lapointe will come and see you to ask you to fill one out on March 31.
- If you are learning online, please contact Ms. Lapointe if you have not received her emails and you can email the information to her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These copies will then be provided to the scholarship committee.
- MANDATORY FOR ALL STUDENTS REGARDLESS OF PLANS OR GRADES.
Posted on Tuesday, May 4, 2021 by Admin C.L.
Free Tuition for a Semester!
Make A video about how you make a difference in your community could mean free tuition for a semester!
If you’ve applied to a Lakeland College human services program for Fall 2021, you are eligible to enter our #LCHumanServicesMakeADifference TikTok contest!
All you need to do is create a video that shows how you’re making a difference in your family, school or community and post the video to your public TikTok account by Tuesday, May 11, 2021. You also need to tag the video with #LCHumanServicesMakeADifference and @LakelandCollege.
The grand prize will be equal to the domestic tuition costs for the applicant’s Fall 2021 semester!!!
For more info, visit lakelandcollege.ca/hscontest
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2021 by Admin C.L.
Re: Scholarship for Post Secondary Applicants–2020-2021
Rotary Clubs internationally believe in “Service Above Self;” and as such, The Rotary Club of Moose Jaw is offering Moose Jaw high school students an opportunity to apply for a scholarship to aid in furthering the post-secondary costs for the school term of 2021-2022.
Our club is offering a maximum of three $1,000 scholarships to Moose Jaw students, who can attend post-secondary institutions (universities or colleges) for varied career paths. Applicants are asked to complete the attached application form. Questions are to be answered to the best of one’s ability while also following the instructions–including the provisions for the requested documents.
Applications must be received via mail no later than May 15, 2021; winners and schools will be contacted by June 2. Winners will also be acknowledged when they attend a Rotary luncheon if COVID restrictions allow. The actual monies will later be forwarded directly to the applicable post-secondary institutions.
The Rotary Club of Moose Jaw looks forward to receiving the applications from interested Moose Jaw students. If you have any questions, please feel free to direct them to email@example.com.
- Maximum of three, $1000 scholarships
- Application Form, Letters of Reference, 250 word essay, additional information section (100 words for each section) – go over the information on the application form!
- 3 copies of all documents!
- Deadline: May 15, 2021
- They have been advertised on Vanier Announcements, Edsby and on this site.
- See Ms. Lapointe or pick one up outside of her room.