Posted on Friday, February 26, 2021 by Admin C.L.
Showcase your ideas on public policy and the role of markets by entering our essay competition. $9,000 in cash prizes will be awarded with $3,000 of this designated just for high school students! Winning essays may be published in Fraser Institute journals and authors will have the opportunity to experience the peer review process.
Categories and Prizes:
|1st Prize: $1,500
||1st Prize: $1,500
||1st Prize: $1,500
|2nd Prize: $1,000
||2nd Prize: $1,000
||2nd Prize: $1,000
|3rd Prize: $500
||3rd Prize: $500
||3rd Prize: $500
For more information on the essays, samples and details please go to their website listed below. The online application is also available on their website.
Deadline: June 1, 2021
Posted on Thursday, February 25, 2021 by Admin C.L.
The Knights of Columbus, Father Gilpin Council #9760, in 1995, initiated a scholarship to commemorate the tenth anniversary of our council. It is awarded to a Catholic students in their first year of post-secondary education.
Click HERE for the application and information: COOL K of C Father Gilpin Scholarship
Deadline: MAY 15
MAKE SURE YOU SEND IT TO THE APPROPRIATE ADDRESS!
If you connection is with a different council, you can still apply. It is just that they will give preference to a local member first.
Posted on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 by Admin C.L.
Awarded to a son/daughter of a Holy Trinity Teacher’s Association Member. The candidate must be accepted into a post-secondary education institute in the year following grade 12 graduation. Preference may be given to an applicant pursing teaching as a career.
Posted on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 by Admin C.L.
This Scholarship is open to:
- any Prairie South School Division #210 or Vanier Collegiate student whose parent or guardian is a C.U.P.E. Local #5512 member in good standing
- a C.U.P.E. Local #5512 employee while still attending a high school in the Prairie South School Division #210
The amount of this scholarship will be one hundred dollars ($100.00). The scholarship candidate shall be a Grade Twelve graduate during the current school year and shall be continuing his/her education or trade at a recognized institution within the following school year. The scholarship candidate shall have an acceptable academic standing in his/her high school year. The scholarship candidate must be a good citizen, law abiding, and with good school conduct. Involvement in student activities, the community and volunteer organizations would be included in the selection.
Completed application forms must be returned to your school principal/guidance counselor by:
- April 30th of the year in which applying for Rural Schools
- May 20th of the year in which applying for Moose Jaw High Schools – Must be submitted to Ms. Lapointe by this date! Then it will be forwarded on May 30th.
The Scholarship Committee requirements:
- Would like the selection committee to consist of the following: Principal and/or Vice-Principal and Guidance Counsellor.
- The committee, as above, must select only one scholarship candidate.
- If no scholarship candidate is selected, then no scholarship will be awarded for the year.
- Students must be enrolled in their choice of education for the first available semester in the year following graduation.
- Scholarships will be presented annually. One scholarship will be presented to each high school in the Prairie South School Division #210 and one scholarship for Vanier Collegiate, where applicable.
2021 C.U.P.E. Local 5512 Scholarship Application Form
To assist a Vanier student in successful the pursuit of athletics and academics.
- The student must be actively involved in his/her schools’ Physical Education, and Extra-Curricular program.
- The student must have at least a 75% average (Christian Ethics 30, English A and B 30, Social Studies 30, highest marks in any three 30 level subjects – then divide by 7).
- The recipient should exhibit strong leadership and sportsmanship qualities as well as being a positive role model in his/her school and/or community.
- Have been involved in at least two Vanier Sports programs throughout his/her years.
- Have taken at least one credit Physical Education class (20 or 30)
- Financial need
- Enrolled at Vanier for at minimum of two years.
Preference may be given to a student who will continue to participate in sports at the post-secondary or amateur level, as a player, official or coach.
For more information and the application form link Ned Andreoni Memorial Scholarship Form 2021
Return to the Main Office on or before 3:30 pm April 30, 2021.
Posted on Monday, February 22, 2021 by Admin C.L.
Amounts: 2 – $250
- Preference will be given to the applicants who best demonstrate a contribution to Junior Curling and/or coaching development/and or volunteerism in the Moose Jaw curling community.
- Applicant must be 19 years of age or younger as of December 31 in the year of application.
- Applicant must be registered in post secondary education and continuing his or her curling career.
- Application form must be filled out and received by the Directors of the fund by April 30 in the year the application is made.
Uniroyal Junior Curling Application 2021
Completed applications and reference letters can be mailed or emailed to the following by April 30:
Box 1173, Moose Jaw S6H 4P9
Posted on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 by Admin C.L.
Engineering: It’s more than you think
Join us for our YouTube Livestream Event on Feb. 10 from 4 to 6 pm CST-SK Time.
Do you know students who don’t know what to do after graduation? Have they dismissed engineering because they think it’s just math and science? Tell them about Engineering: It’s more than you think, a YouTube livestream event where they can learn just how diverse engineering is. From finding new ways to detect breast cancer to saving horses; turning waste into fuel and making safe drinking water – these are all stories from USask Engineering difference makers.
Come meet our students, alumni, and researchers and learn how they are transforming our world in some unexpected ways. This event is open to all students, parents, and educators.
Register here for the session.
Posted on Wednesday, February 3, 2021 by Admin C.L.
The Royal Canadian Legion Moose Jaw Branch #59 Poppy Fund Bursary
This bursary is extended annually to Grade 12 students who are sons, daughters or grandchildren of ex-servicemen in need of assistance in financing further education.
Posted on Monday, February 1, 2021 by Admin C.L.
InvestmentZen aims to promote a lifetime of financial responsibility which starts as soon as we start managing our own money.
The good financial habits we develop as collegiates can serve us for the rest of our lives. To help promote financial responsibility among post-secondary students around the world, we’re thrilled to award one $1,000 USD scholarship annually to help alleviate educational costs.
How to Apply / Guidelines
To enter, please submit an essay (500-1500 words) in English answering one of the following:
- How are you managing your money in college to prepare for a bright financial future?
- What financial challenges have you overcome in your life? What lesson(s) did they teach you?
- What are the most common financial pitfalls you see your peers making, and what advice do you have for them?
2020-2021 School Year
Deadline: April 1, 2021 at 11:59pm GMT
Winner notified: April 15, 2021
Scholarships available for ringette players,
coaches, and officials
Deadline: March 31