Character … Service … Leadership
Grade 12 students who are planning on entering university in 2020 can now apply for the Loran Award at the link below.
- Please note that our application deadline is October 15, 2020 (YOU MUST SEE MS. LAPOINTE AND HAVE EVERYTHING COMPLETED BUT NOT SUBMITTED BY OCTOBER 1 FOR VCI SPONSOR SPOTS) for all sponsored applications.
- For all direct pool applicant the deadline is October 22, 2020.
- Not all universities are connected to this scholarship.
For more information on criteria, FAQ, information on partnering schools and how to apply please go to: http://www.loranscholar.ca/becoming-a-scholar/
Sample Application Form 2020 – you must apply online
The Grand Lodge of Saskatchewan, as well as many Lodges, sponsor a number of awards, scholarships, and bursaries. Information, including closing dates for applications, along with downloadable application forms are listed below.
Please note that there are Entrance Scholarships/Bursaries and Post-Secondary Scholarships/Bursaries available. Some scholarships/bursaries require a personal connection to Freemasonry or to the Eastern Star. Many scholarships/bursaries are open to Saskatchewan students without a Masonic connection.
You are encouraged to apply for all scholarships/bursaries for which you are qualified. If you apply for more than one scholarship/bursary you are not required to send additional copies of the same required documents. You will not be considered for any scholarship/bursary for which you have not completed the required application form.
GRAND LODGE AWARDS – Closing date for applications is August 11, 2020
EDGAR ALEXANDER GARTON SCHOLARSHIPS – 3 x $1,500 (Application)
Offered annually to undergraduate students who have completed one or more years of University, Sask. Polytechnic, or other post-secondary education. Applicants must be children or grandchildren of a Master Mason in good standing, a resident of Saskatchewan and attending a post-secondary institution in Saskatchewan. Selection will be based on academic achievements, sportsmanship and leadership. Must be registered for a full academic load for a full academic year as required by the institution chosen.
ROBINSON MEMORIAL BURSARY– 2 x $500 (Application)
Offered annually for one undergraduate from the University of Saskatchewan and one undergraduate from the University of Regina pursuing a course leading to an honours degree or a Master’s degree in English. Selection will be based upon academic achievement and leadership.
GRAND LODGE OF SASK. A.F. & A.M. POST SECONDARY EDUCATION BURSARY 2 x $500 (Application)
Offered annually to an undergraduate student at the University of Regina or the University of Saskatchewan who is a resident of Saskatchewan. Selection will be based upon academic achievement, sportsmanship and leadership.
MASONIC YOUTH TRUST AWARD 6 x $1,500 (Application)
Offered annually to Saskatchewan High School graduates who proceed to an institution of higher learning (Technical, Vocational or University) anywhere in Canada. Selection is based upon academic achievement, leadership skills, community and school activities and special awards.
GILBERT AND GAY COOK MEMORIAL AWARD 1 x $1,000 (Application)
Offered annually to Saskatchewan high school graduates with preference to graduates who currently are or were members of the International Order of Job’s Daughters or the Order of DeMolay and who will be entering the University of Regina or the University of Saskatchewan. Selection will be based upon academic achievement and a range of non-academic activities.
MASONIC YOUTH BURSARY 10 x $1,200 (Application)
Offered annually to Saskatchewan High School graduates who proceed to an institution of higher learning (Technical, Vocational or University) anywhere in Canada. Selection is based upon academic achievement, leadership skills, financial need, community and school activities and special awards.
OTHER MASONIC AWARDS
ORDER OF THE EASTERN STAR EXCELSIOR CHAPTER NO. 21 AWARD 1 x $1,500 (Application)
This award is offered annually to a Saskatchewan resident who is or will be attending a University or Technical Institute in Saskatchewan. Selection is based upon academic achievement and extra-curricular activities. Candidates must be closely related to a current member of a Saskatchewan Eastern Star Chapter (dues paying or life). Valid relationships include spouse, child, grandchild, sibling, niece or nephew (all biological, adopted or step), or be a member themselves. If there is no OES connection then a Masonic relationship is required. Preference will be given to graduates who are closely related to a current member of the Order of the Eastern Star. Applicants must be registered for a full academic load for a full academic year.
Many Lodges sponsor a number of awards, scholarships, and bursaries, for information and details on ALL awards offered by the Grand Lodge and constituent Lodges click below:
2020 Application Booklet
Please read and comply with all the requirements stated on the application forms.
You may apply for a scholarship, a bursary, or both.
To be eligible, you must be:
- A resident of SK;
- A child, grandchild or great-grandchild of a current or former-serving member of the Canadian Armed or Allied Forces or RCMP; and
- Entering your first year of post-secondary education at a:
- ]technical or trade school (minimum two-year course); or
- business college (a complete business course).
Scholarships and bursaries are awarded based on Grade 12 academic performance using the Transcript of Secondary Level Achievement (Gr. 12 departmental marks). In addition, bursaries are awarded based on financial needs.
Deadline: August 24, 2020
Provincial Royal Canadian Legion Scholarship FORMS – CLICK HERE
2019 – 2020
Two scholarships worth $1000 each
- Academic standing (top 10% of class)
- Volunteer work in school and community
- Work Experience
- Complete the application form below. Read the instructions! Pay attention to details. If you need more space, type in a document and attach to the application form, stating see attached documents in sections that you typed in a word processor.
- 500 word essay
- Two References
- Proof of acceptance to post-secondary
- Deadline: June 30
- (note: scholarships may be deferred for a year if the student is a year long Rotary Exchange student or is deferring post-secondary attendance to work due to financial need.)
About The Scholarship
Are you stuck right now, but have a plan for how to achieve your dreams?
The RBC Future Launch Scholarship will be awarded to those who show a clear vision for their future.
- For Canadian youth between 15-29 years old
- Enrolled part time in school or not in school at all
- A Canadian Citizen or Permanent resident
- Grades and transcripts are not required
- 450 scholarships available throughout 2020
- Not working at RBC or a dependent of someone working at RBC
The $1,500 scholarship can be used for many different things, including:
- Short-term courses
- Necessary equipment or books
And much more!
- For students studying in a health-related field (Medicine, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Pharmacy, Nutrition, Social Work).
- Each application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine their eligibility.
- Applicants are required to provide an essay presenting what their study plans are and providing their grade transcripts.
- First year, second year and everyone one in between are welcome to apply.
Value: Multiple awards at varying amounts ($2000 – $20,000)
Deadline: June 1 – 30
Moose Jaw Arts in Motion is pleased to announce that the Larry Wilson Scholarship Program will again be available to students who wish to study in the following artistic disciplines:
- Dance (Traditional and Contemporary)
- Musical Theatre (live voice and dance)
- Literature (including writing, journalism, screen writing)
The scholarships are funded from monies set aside by Larry Wilson to acknowledge the contributions that his family made to the arts. They are executed by the South Saskatchewan Community Foundation.
Applicants Please Note:
- Deadline for all applications is June 30, 2020
- You may apply in more than one category. If you are applying in more than one category, please be sure to fill out a separate application for each category and include a complete set of supporting documents for each application.
- The application must be sent directly to:
Larry Wilson Scholarship Program
Moose Jaw Arts In Motion,
Box 1782, Moose Jaw, SK S6H 7K
- Only those who are awarded scholarships will be notified.
- Materials submitted by applicants will not be returned.
Website and Application Form, Letter of Support and Cover Note for Applicant
The Saskatchewan Chapter Gerry McCudden Scholarship is a competitive, merit-based scholarship program designed for graduating grade twelve students who desire financial support for their pursuit of post-secondary educational opportunities. The amount of this Scholarship will be $2,000, provided for the first year of post-secondary education.
- Submit an essay, have leadership roles and have an academic average of 80% or higher
- Must be accepted into a post-secondary program for the following year
Deadline: June 17, 2020