Whether the goal is for summer employment or full or part time employment you will need a:

Social Insurance Number

A Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a nine-digit number that is required for any worker in Canada.  This gives the worker access to government programs and benefits.  For more information and support go to http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sc/sin/.

 Young Worker Readiness Certificate

The Young Worker Readiness Certificate Course will help you learn about your rights and responsibilities for health and safety and labour standards.  If you are 14 or 15 years of age and want to work in Saskatchewan you will need to provide your employer with a Certificate of Completion.  Go to http://www.aeei.gov.sk.ca/ywrcc-course/ for more details and information.


A resume is a brief and easily read summary of your educational background, skills, work and volunteer experience.  It is the best tool you have to get yourself and interview.

Cover Letter

A cover letter is used to provide a potential employer with specific information about yourself and to emphasize qualities you possess that would be a benefit to that particular job.


The resume and cover letter get you the interview.  The interview is a two way street for you and the employer to learn more about each other.

Social Media

Keep it clean, appropriate and professional.  Employers will google you and look you up on social media!