Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2018 by Admin C.L.
Do you have an interest in health care but don’t want direct patient contact (e.g. does the sight of blood make you squeamish)? Do you enjoy working extensively with computers? If so, come and check out the Health Information Management (HIM) program at Saskatchewan Polytechnic!
This informative session is for anyone interested in learning more about the HIM program and anyone who has applied to the HIM program.
Date: Monday, May 14, 2018
Time: 12:30 – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Regina Campus, room 920
Speakers to include:
- Year 1 and 2 HIM instructors
- Second year students from HIM program
- HIM employer
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic representatives
Register before Thursday, May 3. Space is limited!
You will be required to provide the following information when registering for this session: full name, contact information, email address and one question you would like answered at the session.
You may contact Norma Jean Belmore by phone to 306-775-7639 or email email@example.com
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 by Admin C.L.
We bank on your potential. We award nearly $90,000 each year to Saskatchewan students in various post-secondary programs. To apply, contact the awards office at your educational institution.
Two award categories are available: http://www.saskpower.com/careers/students-and-graduates/post-secondary-awards-program/
- Entrance — for students entering first-year studies; and
- Continuing — for students entering second-year studies and beyond.
- Up to 27 awards ranging from $500 – $3,000 each will be presented each academic year.
- Recipients may have the opportunity to participate in a student work term.
- Of the total awards granted each year, preference is given to self-identified diversity applicants, as indicated on the awards application.
Two award categories are available:
- Entrance — for students entering level one apprentice studies; and
- Continuing — for students entering level two or higher apprentice studies.
- Up to 15 awards of $1,500 each will be presented each academic year.
- Of the total awards granted each year, preference is given self-identified diversity applicants, as indicated on the awards application.
If you are a member or a dependent of a member of Affinity Credit Union, check this out! Affinity Credit Union is giving away 60 x $500 scholarships to grade 12 students who are graduating in June 2018 and who are planning to continue their post-secondary education in the fall of 2018.
To apply, eligible candidates need to submit their application including supporting documents online by May 1st, 2018.Supporting documents include a reference letter, the most recent transcript and short essay answering the following two questions:
1) “What’s your career goal and why have you chosen it? (100 words or less)
2) “How can we build a better world for everyone, every day?” (250 words or less)
Deadline: May 1st, 2018
For more information or to apply visit www.affinitycu.ca
TCU Financial Group is awarding $10,000 in scholarships.
We are looking to gain some youthful insight, so your challenge to be a successful recipient of our scholarship will be to create a presentation around these central questions:
- What are your laws of life? Please include:
- What inspires you in life?
- What do you hope to achieve?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- How can TCU Financial Group help “Put More Money in your Pocket”?
Please answer these questions in approximately 500 words or a 2-3 min video.
Tips to Help You Succeed:
- Applicants can submit their presentation in the following formats:
- Written proposal (can include pictures, diagrams, research, etc.)
- Send us a video. File formats .avi, .flv, .wmv, .mov, or .mp4 will be accepted. Maximum acceptable email size is 25MB. (Presentation can also be put on a flash drive or uploaded to a YouTube channel, just send us the link)
- Create a PowerPoint presentation (at least 15 slides)
- Submit a combination of the above.
- We are looking for creativity and effort (Could we implement your idea at TCU to keep and earn your business? If applicable use research to back up your ideas).
- Be different, be relevant and have fun!
The TCU Financial Group scholarship is open to all Grade 12 students attending any Regina or Saskatoon (or surrounding areas) High School who are pursuing any type of post-secondary education for a minimum of one year full-time studies (proof of enrollment will be required).
Deadline: submissions are due April 30th, 2018.
4 – $2,000 scholarships
4 – $500 scholarships
Interested? Fill out an application form.
Children of TCU Financial Group employees and immediate family and all partner and suppliers are eligible for a separate $2,000 scholarship. Same criteria applies.
Before submitting your application, make sure you have included the following:
- Presentation (video, written, Power Point, etc.)
- Application form including:
- Transcript of marks
- Proof of post secondary enrollment
Email to: Scholarships@tcu.sk.ca or drop of at any TCU Financial Group location by April 30, 2018.
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2018 by Admin C.L.
If you would like to be considered for the CUPE 600-3 (Valley View Centre – Union) scholarship please see Ms. Lapointe for an application form.
- Grade 12 graduate in the current year
- Shall not be a recipient of any other scholarship monies over $75
- Be involved in student activities/student government, the community and/or volunteer organizations.
- Shall be an acceptable academic standing
- Good citizen, law abiding, and have a good school conduct record
- Show an interest in continuing further education or trade
Sun West Agricultural Equipment Technician Information Package
If you’re interested, so are we.
This year the Legion will award a number of Poppy scholarships, Nola Belisle Memorial Bursaries, H.J. Rivers Bursaries and an Edgar Dalgarno Memorial Bursary to deserving Moose Jaw graduates.
Some of the above scholarships require you to be a child or grandchild of a veteran, however, there is also one that does not require a direct tie to the Legion.
Please see your school counsellor today to pick up application forms!
Deadline: May 31, 2018
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2018 by Admin C.L.
2017-2018 – Two scholarships worth $1000 each
- Academic standing (top 10% of class)
- Volunteer work in school and community
- Work Experience
- Application Form
- 500 word essay
- Two References
- Proof of acceptance to post-secondary
Deadline: June 30 (note: scholarships may be deferred for a year if the student is a year long Rotary Exchange student or is deferring post-secondary attendance to work due to financial need.
See your school counsellor for an application form.
A bright future full of possibilities. The Monsanto Fund is proud to support post-secondary education opportunities in agriculture and food.
- Application form
- Two References
- Acceptance Letter
- Working Copy of High School Transcript
- 300-500 World Application Essay
Deadline: May 31, 2018