Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2021 by Admin C.L.
ALL Grade 12 students are required to complete the Vanier General Scholarship Application form to be considered for any and all school scholarships that are administered through Vanier (Vanier Collegiate Scholarships Committee).
There will be a virtual presentation on March 23 reviewing a number of scholarships and explaining Vanier’s General Scholarship Application Form.
- You can do a paper copy or a PDF Fillable Form and then print it.
- You can add a resume to your scholarship package and if possible please provide a copy of your acceptance letter from the school you plan on attending.
- Deadline: All paper copies need to be handed into your Catholic Studies teacher on March 30, 2021.
- If you miss the deadline, Ms. Lapointe will come and see you to ask you to fill one out on March 31.
- If you are learning online, please contact Ms. Lapointe if you have not received her emails and you can email the information to her at email@example.com.
- These copies will then be provided to the scholarship committee.
- MANDATORY FOR ALL STUDENTS REGARDLESS OF PLANS OR GRADES.
Each year the Saskatchewan School Boards Association awards two $2,500.00 scholarships to graduating Saskatchewan high school students:
- Degree Program Scholarship: $2,500
- Technical/Trade Program Scholarship: $2,500
- Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of demonstrated good character, community leadership, financial need, and a 500-word essay.
- The application deadline is Aug. 31 each year
- Application Form
- Scholarship Scoring Rubric
The application deadline for students applying for the SSBA Scholarships is Aug. 31. Please send your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is recommended that you also contact the Association to ensure that your application form was received. You can contact the Association at 306-569-0750.
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2021 by Admin C.L.
The Leader Post Foundation (3 X $5000)
These bursaries are granted primarily on need. Graduating students must be accepted as a full-time student at a recognized institution and provide reference letters. Involvement in school and community must be evident.
The deadline is May 30 each year. For more information, email email@example.com.
Evan Thomas went to Vanier Collegiate for 2 years while playing hockey in Moose Jaw. He touched the lives of many people during his short time in Moose Jaw. This scholarship was created to honor the memory of Evan.
- Must have made honor roll in grade 11 and 12
- Must be pursuing a post-secondary program
- Must be graduating in the current year
- Must have played hockey or baseball of any kind during his/her time at Vanier
- Sense of humor
- Hard working
- Must provide proof of acceptance into a recognized post-secondary institution
- Must provide a copy of school transcripts
- Must provide a letter of recommendation from a representative from the Moose Jaw hockey or baseball leagues outlining the candidate’s involvement
- Must describe why you would like to receive this award (100 words or less)
- Deadline for submission is June 4 – EXTENDED TO THURSDAY, JUNE 9
- Must fill out the Evan Thomas Memorial Application form and hand into the office at Vanier
- Application Form
- 2021 – email a pdf copy (firstname.lastname.ETMS.pdf) to CHRISTA.LAPOINTE@HTCSD.CA
- OR drop it off to the Vanier Collegiate Main Office Attention: Scholarship Committee
- Vanier will email a copy of the applications to Laurie and Scott Thomas
The scholarship amount is $500 and will be presented to student at graduation or prior to fall semester.
Laurie and Scott Thomas will make the selection for the Evan Thomas Memorial Scholarship 2020
Posted on Wednesday, March 17, 2021 by Admin C.L.
Open to Vanier grade 12 students who are continuing post-secondary school. The student must be a son/daughter of a K of C member.
2021 Father Lawless Council Knights of Columbus Scholarship Application Form
Deadline: April 30, 2021
Submit to: Vanier Collegiate Office, Attention: Scholarship Committee
VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE (GRADE 9 – 12)
March 22-25, 2021
Our Open House is once again taking on a virtual approach to help you and your students learn about Sask Polytechnic from the comfort of your home. Join us during the four-day event live via ZOOM to learn about programs, student supports, application information, guidance for parents and families, international and indigenous support, and more! Join as many sessions as you like! Registration & full session schedule available now.
Event Promotion – TV monitor displays, posters, and slides with Open House details, can be found here. Please display in your schools and share with your students and their families.
Careers in Welding Virtual Event – April 14, 2021
Interested in welding or steel fabrication? Join our virtual event to learn about the programs offered across the province, apprenticeship opportunities, network with industry leaders, & enter to win prizes. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Posted on Tuesday, March 9, 2021 by Admin C.L.
Please join us on WITT Wednesday, March 10 from 12pm-1pm.
Program Head, Shaun Nanan, Computer Engineering Technology will be with us.
He will be giving us an overview of the program and will be available to answer your questions.
More information on Computer Engineering Technology – https://saskpolytech.ca/programs-and-courses/programs/Computer-Engineering-Technology.aspx
These sessions are open to anyone – the public, students, female, male, LGBTQ2S+
Phone one-tap: 1-844-969-0172,,95269375304#
Meeting URL: https://saskpolytech.zoom.us/j/95269375304
Posted on Saturday, March 6, 2021 by Admin C.L.
Are you passionate about hairstyling or esthetics? Do you have skills you are looking to expand on? If you find doing your own make up, hair or nails no longer sufficient, then the SIEC Hairstyling and Esthetics Skills Boot Camp is for you!
Being a professional hair stylist or esthitician is an extremely rewarding job that requires working in a fast paced, exciting environment. The SIEC Hairstyling and Esthetics Skills Boot Camp aims to give you an opportunity to expand on your current knowledge.
**this bootcamp will be held virtually through zoom**
Application deadline: Thursday, April 1, 2021
Bootcamp dates: Monday, April 19 – Monday, May 17
When using the fillable PDF’s DO NOT fill the PDF when it is open in an internet browser; the info you enter will not save properly!
Here are the instructions to follow ensure all files save correctly:
- Open the PDF
- Click File – Export as PDF
- Save the PDF your computer and name it accordingly
- Open the file you have downloaded
- Complete the application
- Save the application and submit via email