Posted on Thursday, March 4, 2021 by Admin C.L.
- May 1 of each year
- Submit your application, proof of acceptance and short paragraph to Vanier Collegiate Main Office, Attention: Scholarship Committee
- This scholarship will be awarded to a graduate of Vanier Collegiate who has completed all the courses necessary to receive their high school Diploma – Mention Bilingue.
- The recipient will have attended Vanier Collegiate for a minimum of two years, have an average of 75% or better in grade twelve according to the criteria established by the school for this calculation. The financial needs of the family are an important consideration.
- In order to receive these funds the student will submit proof by May 1 of their enrollment at a University in Canada or in France and taking a minimum of two classes in French in their first year of study.
- If you do not have proof of registration of classes, please apply anyways before the deadline and state your intention of taking TWO FRENCH CLASSES next year. Once you have registered you can then email proof of enrollment to Ms. Lapointe.
- Application forms for this scholarship are available from the Counsellor’s office, scholarship board, or by downloading the file below.
- If in any year the terms and conditions of this scholarship are not met, the scholarship will not be awarded for that year.
La Bourse Scholarship French Immersion Application Form
This Scholarship is open to:
- Any student whose parent or guardian is a CUPE Local 5506 member in good standing.
- One scholarship will be awarded in the amount of five hundred dollars ($500.00).
- The scholarship candidate shall be a Grade Twelve graduate during the current school year and continuing his/her education or trade at a recognized institution the following school year.
- The scholarship candidate shall have an acceptable academic standing in his/her high school year.
- The scholarship candidate must be a good citizen, law abiding, and with good school conduct.
- Involvement in student activities, the community and volunteer organizations may be included in the selection.
- Applications must be submitted to Local 5506 and include a letter of recommendation from the principal or counsellor, and verification of continued education.
- If no scholarship candidate is selected no scholarship for that year will be awarded.
Submit application form to Recording Secretary – see application form for address.
Local 5506 Scholarship APPLICATION FORMHTCSD CUPE
Posted on Wednesday, March 3, 2021 by Admin C.L.
- Two scholarships of $1000 dollars each to be awarded to two (2) applicants continuing on to any post-secondary educational institute.
- Require applicants to have involvement in community , school, youth and/or other volunteer activities as well as some leadership qualities.
- Grade 12 from one of the Moose Jaw high schools. Minimum average of 75%.
- Deadline date is May 20 of each year.
- Transcript from the school main office.
- Only the successful applicants and their respective school will be notified.
- 2021 Friend of Youth Optimist Scholarship Form
- Letter of acceptance
- Two letters of reference (read the application)
- School transcript
Please see Ms. Lapointe for more information and/or pick up an application form outside of her room or CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION FORM AND PROCEDURES.
Posted on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 by Admin C.L.
What is Agrology?
Agrology is the application of science to agriculture, bioresources, food and the environment by professionals. The profession of agrology addresses many of today’s critical issues in production agriculture, food safety and environmental quality.
The Saskatchewan Institute of Agrologists (SIA) offers six $1,000 scholarships for Grade 12 high school students entering a post-secondary program related to agrology.
- One recipient from each of our six SIA Branches will be chosen:
- SIA Northeast Branch Scholarship
- SIA Northwest Branch Scholarship
- SIA Regina Branch Greg Mitschke Memorial Scholarship
- SIA Saskatoon Branch Scholarship
- SIA Southwest Branch Scholarship
- SIA Yorkton Branch Lindsay Boyes Memorial Scholarship
The scholarships are for Grade 12 high school students entering a career in agrology.
- Presently a Grade 12 high school student, graduating in June 2021.
- Have plans to enroll as a first year full-time student in the fall of 2021 in an agrology related post-secondary program that meets the eligibility requirements to apply for registration with the SIA after graduation.
- Must not be an immediate family member of a current SIA Provincial Councillor or Branch Executive member.
INFORMATION AND SCHOLARSHIP PACKAGE
Deadline: May 31, 2021
Should you have any questions, please contact me by phone at 306-242-2606 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline has pasted but current Grade 11’s should be aware of this one!
Horatio Alger Canadian Scholarships
160 $5000 Scholarship Awarded Funded through the generosity of Members of the Canadian Association
The Canadian Scholarships are awarded to eligible students across all provinces and territories in Canada.
To be eligible to apply for the Horatio Alger Canadian Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be graduating high school (or be in the final year of CEGEP) with plans to enter university in the fall of 2021
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited university
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($65,000 or less annual net income per family is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade percentage of 65
- Attend high school (or CEGEP) and reside in Canada
- Be Canadian citizens
Applicants for both the Entrepreneurial and Canadian Scholarships are required to fill out only ONE application. The Association will use the one application to consider you for all programs for which you are eligible.
The application for the National Entrepreneurial and Canadian Scholarships is now closed. Recipients will be notified in January.
For the Next Generation of Leaders
Shim Law is a full service law firm located in Calgary, AB. We are always looking for ways to support our next generation of leaders which is why the Annual Shim Law Scholarship was created.
This year, we want to focus on employment law and have our 2 topics to be centered around this practice. For this scholarship, please choose 1 of the specified topics below (more info and descriptions on topic can be found online).
- What is just cause for dismissal and when the employer has just cause to terminate an employee?
- Can an employer change the regular hours of work of an employee?
Task: Create an infographic with data to support your claims. We understand that some of you may not have the tools to create an infographic. Here are a list of some free tools you may use to create your infographics: canva, visme, piktochart, infogr.am
Who can apply? Canadian, any year of study, based on creative and informative
Deadline: June 30, 2021
The 2021 Topic is “What can IWSH do to raise awareness for those who lack access to running water, sanitation?”
To acquaint the uninitiated with the crucial importance the plumbing industry plays in our everyday lives. To introduce students to the global impact of IWSH projects.
Students must provide a copy of their current full-time schedule, school transcripts, or acceptance letter with their submission.
Must be a current high school senior; or enrolled or accepted as a full-time (12 credit hours) student in an accredited technical school, community college, trade school, four-year accredited college or university, or an apprentice program.
International students are eligible. Please submit proper school documentation with the essay.
GENERAL RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Go to their website for specific information
- Deadline: April 30, 2021
- $1000, $750, $500
Posted on Friday, February 26, 2021 by Admin C.L.
Showcase your ideas on public policy and the role of markets by entering our essay competition. $9,000 in cash prizes will be awarded with $3,000 of this designated just for high school students! Winning essays may be published in Fraser Institute journals and authors will have the opportunity to experience the peer review process.
Categories and Prizes:
|1st Prize: $1,500
||1st Prize: $1,500
||1st Prize: $1,500
|2nd Prize: $1,000
||2nd Prize: $1,000
||2nd Prize: $1,000
|3rd Prize: $500
||3rd Prize: $500
||3rd Prize: $500
For more information on the essays, samples and details please go to their website listed below. The online application is also available on their website.
Deadline: June 1, 2021
Posted on Thursday, February 25, 2021 by Admin C.L.
The Knights of Columbus, Father Gilpin Council #9760, in 1995, initiated a scholarship to commemorate the tenth anniversary of our council. It is awarded to a Catholic students in their first year of post-secondary education.
Click HERE for the application and information: COOL K of C Father Gilpin Scholarship
Deadline: MAY 15
MAKE SURE YOU SEND IT TO THE APPROPRIATE ADDRESS!
If you connection is with a different council, you can still apply. It is just that they will give preference to a local member first.
Posted on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 by Admin C.L.
To assist a Vanier student in successful the pursuit of athletics and academics.
- The student must be actively involved in his/her schools’ Physical Education, and Extra-Curricular program.
- The student must have at least a 75% average (Christian Ethics 30, English A and B 30, Social Studies 30, highest marks in any three 30 level subjects – then divide by 7).
- The recipient should exhibit strong leadership and sportsmanship qualities as well as being a positive role model in his/her school and/or community.
- Have been involved in at least two Vanier Sports programs throughout his/her years.
- Have taken at least one credit Physical Education class (20 or 30)
- Financial need
- Enrolled at Vanier for at minimum of two years.
Preference may be given to a student who will continue to participate in sports at the post-secondary or amateur level, as a player, official or coach.
For more information and the application form link Ned Andreoni Memorial Scholarship Form 2021
Return to the Main Office on or before 3:30 pm April 30, 2021.