What is the Conexus Youth Leadership Award?
The Conexus Youth Leadership Award recognizes graduating high school students who show leadership in everything they do and are guided by the cooperative principles. They’re fueled by enthusiasm to make their corner of the world a better place. They’re making a difference in their communities through volunteerism. This is an opportunity for our young Conexus Credit Union members, to be celebrated for making their mark on the world.
What is the award eligibility criteria?
All you have to do is tell us how you demonstrate the co-operative spirit, make your community a better place, and how you show leadership in everything you do.
Anybody who applies for this award will considered if:
- They’re graduating from high school in Saskatchewan in the 2020/2021 academic year.
- They or their parent/guardian are a Conexus Credit Union member and have been for at least one year, with all accounts in good standing.
How to apply?
- Gather a letter of support from a community leader. Use this downloadable template.
- Gather a letter of support from a school faculty member. Use this downloadable template.
- Include a copy of your most recent report card and/or your confirmation of enrollment letter.
- Complete the online award application and attach the three documents listed above.
Go to their site (https://www.conexus.ca/AboutConexus/Community/LeadershipAward/) to submit your application package.
If you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Conexus Community Youth Leadership Award of $500 is presented to a graduating high school student who demonstrates co-operative spirit, community involvement, and leadership. Our goal is to promote the benefits of being a Conexus Credit Union member and to recognize the contributions made to their school and community.
The intent of the award is to recognize an individual at the time of graduation from high school for the contributions made to school life and community and to reward youth who exhibit leadership skills.
Those individuals interested in the Conexus Community Youth Leadership Award shall complete the application form and letters of support from a member of their school faculty and a local community leader. Academic achievements shall be considered, but are not the deciding factor in selecting a candidate. Final selection of the successful candidates shall be made by a committee of Conexus staff and Board members. Representatives from Conexus shall present the award at the annual graduation ceremonies whenever possible.
The award recipient shall be recognized publicly.
- Must be a graduating high school student in Saskatchewan
- Must be a Conexus Credit Union Member (or parent/guardian of applicant) for at least one year and accounts must be in good standing.
- Must be a Saskatchewan resident
- Award recipients must submit and grant permission to use his/her name and photo in any and all media releases or publications controlled by Conexus
- Completed applications must be received by Conexus by midnight on April 1, 2016. Late submissions will not be considered.
AWARD APPLICATION & SUBMISSION DETAILS
The deadline for the Conexus Community Youth Leadership Award is April 1, 2016. Late submissions will not be considered.
Email completed application and requested attachments to email@example.com the subject line “Leadership Award Application”.
What is the Conexus Community Youth Leadership Award?
The award is presented to a graduating high school student who demonstrates co-operative spirit, community involvement and leadership. The intent of the award is to recognize an individual at the time of graduation from high school for the contributions made to school life and community and to reward youth who exhibit leadership skills. Academic achievements shall be considered, but they are not the deciding factor in selecting a candidate. The award was first presented in 1997 to commemorate 60 years of community leadership.
How do I apply?
It’s easy! Go to the Conexus website at www.conexus.ca/AboutConexus/OurCommunity/Leadership Award/ to download the award application. When completed, email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to include both of your letters of support, a copy of your latest report card or academic transcript and a school or graduation photo.
Value: 30 community leadership awards x $500
Deadline: April 10, 2015
Information Sheet: 2015 Conexus Community Youth Leadership Award QA Final