Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 by Admin C.L.
Are you interested in massage therapy?
If yes, then you want to attend Friday March 31 presentation at 10:45 in room the library. Western College of Massage Therapy will be at Vanier to share information about the occupation, school, requirements and the benefits of this career choice. This event is open to all grade 9-12 students.
Please sign up in the office if you would like to attend.
Social Justice Award
Deadline: April 30, 2017
See attached document for criteria and the application form.
Ever notice how many stereotypes there are about young people?
At the Youth Action Summit, we take young people seriously. We know how many of them care about what’s going on in the world and are willing to work hard to make it a better place for themselves and others. Your opinions and ideas are important!
You are invited to attend the 4th annual Youth Action Summit on April 29 in Regina.
What to expect:
- YAS is an event for young people 15 – 35 years of age.
- Workshops designed specifically for them about identifying challenges, finding solutions, and building leadership skills.
- Keynote address about reconciliation in the context of Canada’s 150th anniversary as a country.
- 90 minute workshop by Canadian Roots Exchange
To register as an individual, visit: bit.ly/YAS2017, or contact Kent Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 by Admin C.L.
MC College is an accredited institution across Western Canada with 6 campuses in total offering Hairstyling and Esthetics programs. The purpose of our scholarship is to encourage creative young individuals interested in pursuing a career in the Salon or Spa Industry.
Click here and you will find the guidelines and application process for students wishing to apply for the scholarship. Please pass this along to any students who may be interested in Hairstyling or Esthetics training that fits the criteria described in the attached documents. This scholarship has a value of $1000 and may be applied to either our full time Hairstyling or full time Esthetics program at MC College.
MC College will be having an Open House on April 8th 2017 from 10AM to 2PM, please feel free to join us and spread the word to interested students! Here is a link to more details – MC College Open House.
Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2017 by Admin C.L.
If you are interested in learning more about the following scholarships, the related criteria and deadline date please stop by room 130.
- Knights of Columbus (Church of Our Lady)
- Knights of Columbus (St. Joseph’s Church) May 1
- CWL (Moose Jaw and Area) May 1
- Rotary Club of Moose Jaw
- Rotary Club of Moose Jaw Wakamow June 30
- CUPE 5512 (Prairie South School Division Support Staff)
- CUPE 5506 (Holy Trinity Catholic School Division Support Staff) May 1
- HTTA (child of a Holy Trinity Catholic School Division teacher) May 1
- Grand Lodge of Saskatchewan
Posted on Thursday, March 9, 2017 by Admin C.L.
To demonstrate our admiration and appreciation for student employees who demonstrate excellence on the job, the Moose Jaw Co-op is sponsoring three $1000.00 scholarships for three student employees. The successful applicants will receive the payout of the scholarship once the proof of enrollment in a post-secondary institution or course is produced.
- Must have worked at the Moose Jaw Co-op for at least 6 months of his/her Grade 12 year, must have a personal Moose Jaw Co-op membership and must pursue some type of post-secondary education. Application must be made within one year of graduating grade 12.
Form: 2017 Employee Student Application
Deadline: May 15, 2017
To demonstrate the Moose Jaw Co-op’s commitment to young people in our community, the Moose Jaw Co-op is sponsoring three $1000.00 scholarships for three graduating Grade 12 students. The successful applicants will receive the payout of the scholarship once the proof of enrollment in a post-secondary institution or course is produced.
- Must personally have an active membership with the Co-op or be a family member living in the same household as an active member with purchases of $5000 or more in the previous year. Must be a Grade 12 student who is graduating in the year he/she applies.
Form: 2017 Caring for the Community
Deadline: May 15, 2017
Each year the Saskatchewan School Boards Association awards two $2500 scholarships to graduating high school students who remain in Saskatchewan in post-secondary study:
- Degree Program Scholarship – $2500
- Technical/Trade Program Scholarship – $2500
- based on demonstrated good character, community leadership, financial need and a 500 word essay.
Website and Application Form
Deadline: August 31, 2017