Moose Jaw Co-op is pleased to once again offer students an opportunity to earn $1000 towards their post-secondary schooling. We will award 3-$1000 scholarships to students within the community, as well as 3-$1000 scholarships to students who are employed by Moose Jaw Co-op. Deadline to apply is Friday, May 14th 2021 via email submission. Details are included on the applications attached below.Attachments:
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2021 by Admin C.L.
Posted on Thursday, March 4, 2021 by Admin C.L.
- May 1 of each year
- Submit your application, proof of acceptance and short paragraph to Vanier Collegiate Main Office, Attention: Scholarship Committee
- This scholarship will be awarded to a graduate of Vanier Collegiate who has completed all the courses necessary to receive their high school Diploma – Mention Bilingue.
- The recipient will have attended Vanier Collegiate for a minimum of two years, have an average of 75% or better in grade twelve according to the criteria established by the school for this calculation. The financial needs of the family are an important consideration.
- In order to receive these funds the student will submit proof by May 1 of their enrollment at a University in Canada or in France and taking a minimum of two classes in French in their first year of study.
- If you do not have proof of registration of classes, please apply anyways before the deadline and state your intention of taking TWO FRENCH CLASSES next year. Once you have registered you can then email proof of enrollment to Ms. Lapointe.
- Application forms for this scholarship are available from the Counsellor’s office, scholarship board, or by downloading the file below.
- If in any year the terms and conditions of this scholarship are not met, the scholarship will not be awarded for that year.
Posted on by Admin C.L.
This Scholarship is open to:
- Any student whose parent or guardian is a CUPE Local 5506 member in good standing.
- One scholarship will be awarded in the amount of five hundred dollars ($500.00).
- The scholarship candidate shall be a Grade Twelve graduate during the current school year and continuing his/her education or trade at a recognized institution the following school year.
- The scholarship candidate shall have an acceptable academic standing in his/her high school year.
- The scholarship candidate must be a good citizen, law abiding, and with good school conduct.
- Involvement in student activities, the community and volunteer organizations may be included in the selection.
- Applications must be submitted to Local 5506 and include a letter of recommendation from the principal or counsellor, and verification of continued education.
- If no scholarship candidate is selected no scholarship for that year will be awarded.
Submit application form to Recording Secretary – see application form for address.
Posted on Wednesday, March 3, 2021 by Admin C.L.
- Two scholarships of $1000 dollars each to be awarded to two (2) applicants continuing on to any post-secondary educational institute.
- Require applicants to have involvement in community , school, youth and/or other volunteer activities as well as some leadership qualities.
- Grade 12 from one of the Moose Jaw high schools. Minimum average of 75%.
- Deadline date is May 20 of each year.
- Transcript from the school main office.
- Only the successful applicants and their respective school will be notified.
- 2021 Friend of Youth Optimist Scholarship Form
- Letter of acceptance
- Two letters of reference (read the application)
- School transcript
Please see Ms. Lapointe for more information and/or pick up an application form outside of her room or CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION FORM AND PROCEDURES.
Posted on Thursday, February 25, 2021 by Admin C.L.
The Knights of Columbus, Father Gilpin Council #9760, in 1995, initiated a scholarship to commemorate the tenth anniversary of our council. It is awarded to a Catholic students in their first year of post-secondary education.
Deadline: MAY 15
MAKE SURE YOU SEND IT TO THE APPROPRIATE ADDRESS!
If you connection is with a different council, you can still apply. It is just that they will give preference to a local member first.
Posted on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 by Admin C.L.
Awarded to a son/daughter of a Holy Trinity Teacher’s Association Member. The candidate must be accepted into a post-secondary education institute in the year following grade 12 graduation. Preference may be given to an applicant pursing teaching as a career.
- Amount: $500
- Form: 2021 HTTA Scholarship Application Form
- Deadline: April 30, 2021
- Return: Vanier Collegiate Main office on or before the deadline of Friday, April 30 at 3:30 pm
Posted on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 by Admin C.L.
To assist a Vanier student in successful the pursuit of athletics and academics.
- The student must be actively involved in his/her schools’ Physical Education, and Extra-Curricular program.
- The student must have at least a 75% average (Christian Ethics 30, English A and B 30, Social Studies 30, highest marks in any three 30 level subjects – then divide by 7).
- The recipient should exhibit strong leadership and sportsmanship qualities as well as being a positive role model in his/her school and/or community.
- Have been involved in at least two Vanier Sports programs throughout his/her years.
- Have taken at least one credit Physical Education class (20 or 30)
- Financial need
- Enrolled at Vanier for at minimum of two years.
Preference may be given to a student who will continue to participate in sports at the post-secondary or amateur level, as a player, official or coach.
For more information and the application form link Ned Andreoni Memorial Scholarship Form 2021
Return to the Main Office on or before 3:30 pm April 30, 2021.
Posted on Monday, February 1, 2021 by Admin C.L.
What is the Conexus Youth Leadership Award?
The Conexus Youth Leadership Award recognizes graduating high school students who show leadership in everything they do and are guided by the cooperative principles. They’re fueled by enthusiasm to make their corner of the world a better place. They’re making a difference in their communities through volunteerism. This is an opportunity for our young Conexus Credit Union members, to be celebrated for making their mark on the world.
What is the award eligibility criteria?
All you have to do is tell us how you demonstrate the co-operative spirit, make your community a better place, and how you show leadership in everything you do.
Anybody who applies for this award will considered if:
- They’re graduating from high school in Saskatchewan in the 2020/2021 academic year.
- They or their parent/guardian are a Conexus Credit Union member and have been for at least one year, with all accounts in good standing.
How to apply?
- Gather a letter of support from a community leader. Use this downloadable template.
- Gather a letter of support from a school faculty member. Use this downloadable template.
- Include a copy of your most recent report card and/or your confirmation of enrollment letter.
- Complete the online award application and attach the three documents listed above.
Go to their site (https://www.conexus.ca/AboutConexus/Community/LeadershipAward/) to submit your application package.
If you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: April 16, 2021
Posted on Monday, May 11, 2020 by Admin C.L.
2019 – 2020
Two scholarships worth $1000 each
- Academic standing (top 10% of class)
- Volunteer work in school and community
- Work Experience
- Complete the application form below. Read the instructions! Pay attention to details. If you need more space, type in a document and attach to the application form, stating see attached documents in sections that you typed in a word processor.
- 500 word essay
- Two References
- Proof of acceptance to post-secondary
- Deadline: June 30
- (note: scholarships may be deferred for a year if the student is a year long Rotary Exchange student or is deferring post-secondary attendance to work due to financial need.)
Posted on Friday, April 24, 2020 by Admin C.L.
Nomination Deadline: May 10, 2020
Submissions: email a pdf copy to email@example.com (nominee name.Boechler.pdf)