Posted on Friday, February 26, 2021 by Admin C.L.
Showcase your ideas on public policy and the role of markets by entering our essay competition. $9,000 in cash prizes will be awarded with $3,000 of this designated just for high school students! Winning essays may be published in Fraser Institute journals and authors will have the opportunity to experience the peer review process.
Categories and Prizes:
|1st Prize: $1,500
||1st Prize: $1,500
||1st Prize: $1,500
|2nd Prize: $1,000
||2nd Prize: $1,000
||2nd Prize: $1,000
|3rd Prize: $500
||3rd Prize: $500
||3rd Prize: $500
For more information on the essays, samples and details please go to their website listed below. The online application is also available on their website.
Deadline: June 1, 2021
Want to learn some more about uLethbridge?
- Take in their Virtual Open House on March 6 (10 to 1).
- Amazing programs! Great City!
- Business, Education, Combined Degrees, Business, Fine Arts, Health Sciences, Education Abroad, Nursing, Awards, Housing, etc.
- Participants have a chance to win $1000 in tuition credit. Have one-on-one conversations with current students, professors and staff. Learn about course and program options, living and learning communities, student supports and services like housing, study and writing help, scholarships and financial advice, fitness, wellness, mental health, career exploration, and more.
- Consider uLethbridge’s Early Start Experience where students can get started on a degree before university starts in the fall. Learn more about it from former participants.
Get a head start on university
The U of R High School Accelerated program is a great way to kick-start university studies.
The courses listed below are available in Winter (February to May). Grade 11 and 12 students are welcome to take any U of R credit courses as long as prerequisites are met. Students can take one course per term. Benefits are:
- Ease into university with a couple of classes
- Free up your schedule in your first year
- Challenge yourself with course material not offered at your high school
- Earn university credit
2021 -Winter Semester:
- Introduction to Anthropology
- Two-Dimensional Art
- English 100
- Kin 170 – Lifestyle, Health & Wellness
Dual Credit and Special Projects:
- Take a university class form February to May in your second semester. You will obtain a university credit and a high school credit.
- Art 220 – Art 30
- English 100 – English B30
- Math 110 – Calculus 30
Website and Information: https://www.uregina.ca/cce/flexible-learning/hsxl/index.html
High School Students
Attention grade 12 students! Take an online business course and receive dual credit for Introduction to Business 30L and COMM 101.3: Introduction to Business.
September 2022 Deadline: May 1, 2022 |
January 2022 Deadline: December 1, 2021
Awards – Edwards Dean’s Circle COMM 101 Entering Award (10x$1000)
FAQ – Cost, average requirements, dates, etc.
Form More Information click HERE
Dual Credit – Study once, count it twice.
Get both Sask Polytech and high school credit at the same time. If you are a Saskatchewan high school student thinking of becoming a Saskatchewan Polytechnic student in the future, consider dual credit.
Dual credit allows you to simultaneously earn Saskatchewan high school credit and Sask Polytech credit.
Select Sask Polytech courses are offered to Saskatchewan high school students, as a part of a Saskatchewan high school course or as an elective course.
For more information and a list of dual credits please click HERE.
Virtual Open House
Is Saskatchewan Polytechnic right for you? Attend our virtual Open House to find out!
Explore your tomorrow through our new online format with more than 75 sessions featuring:
- general sessions about Sask Polytech and your path to becoming a student;
- live information sessions with programs and services;
- Q&A through live chat;
- and more!
Event: Virtual Open House
Date: March 22-25
Time: 4:00 – 9:00 pm
AGENDA Open House Schedule
Attend our Spring Open House to experience who we are and how we can help you in your journey. Knowing what you want to be when you “grow up” can be a challenge. Some people have a specific career path in mind, but for many of us, it is not that simple. It takes time for us to find our true calling.
The University of Regina offers student supports, programming, and a community to help you discover who you are meant to be. Spring Open House is a great opportunity for you to virtually explore everything the University of Regina has to offer!
Save the dates and join us for:
- Live-streamed sessions hosted by a different U of R faculty each evening!
- On-demand videos from various departments and student support areas!
- Digital materials and resources!
Posted on Thursday, February 25, 2021 by Admin C.L.
The Canadian College and University Fairs are designed for any student who is looking to explore their post-secondary options. Connect with schools from across the country, and collect valuable information from their representatives. There will also be a webinar schedule where you can tune in to presentations on scholarships, schools, programs, and more.
The Knights of Columbus, Father Gilpin Council #9760, in 1995, initiated a scholarship to commemorate the tenth anniversary of our council. It is awarded to a Catholic students in their first year of post-secondary education.
Click HERE for the application and information: COOL K of C Father Gilpin Scholarship
Deadline: MAY 15
MAKE SURE YOU SEND IT TO THE APPROPRIATE ADDRESS!
If you connection is with a different council, you can still apply. It is just that they will give preference to a local member first.
Posted on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 by Admin C.L.
Awarded to a son/daughter of a Holy Trinity Teacher’s Association Member. The candidate must be accepted into a post-secondary education institute in the year following grade 12 graduation. Preference may be given to an applicant pursing teaching as a career.