Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2020 by Admin C.L.
The Royal Canadian Legion Moose Jaw Branch #59 Poppy Fund Bursary
This bursary is extended annually to Grade 12 students who are sons, daughters or grandchildren of ex-servicemen in need of assistance in financing further education.
The Royal Canadian Legion Moose Jaw Branch #59 Nola Belisle Memorial Bursary
- This on-going bursary has been renamed to honour the memory of Nola Belisle. This being done in 1996 by the Honours & Awards Committee of Branch #59 of the Royal Canadian Legion. One bursary is to be awarded annually to each of the five high schools in the City of Moose Jaw, SK.
- Any student completing Grade 12 in a MJ High School with the following qualifications:
- Participation in worthy community projects.
- Good moral character.
- Maintains high scholastic standing.
- Participates in extra curricular activities.
- Plans to continue with further education.
- Complete the application form and add supporting documents.
- READ THE APPLICATION FORM AND INSTRUCTIONS ON WHERE AND WHEN TO SUBMIT IT – click this link to get the application form!
- You can contact Mr. Moser (email@example.com) and ask for a letter of verification of attendance at Vanier in place of his signature this year due to COVID.
- Deadline: May 31, 2020
Posted on Friday, April 24, 2020 by Admin C.L.
Information and Application Form
Nomination Deadline: May 10, 2020
Submissions: email a pdf copy to firstname.lastname@example.org (nominee name.Boechler.pdf)
Open to Vanier grade 12 students who are continuing post-secondary school. The student must be a son/daughter of a K of C member.
Deadline: May 15, 2020
Submit to: email@example.com (please read the instructions on how to send the application in)
Posted on Thursday, April 23, 2020 by Admin C.L.
Proceeds for this scholarship are provided by the CWL councils of St. Joseph’s Church Moose Jaw, Church of Our Lady Moose Jaw, St. John’s Church Marquis, and UCWL council of the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Moose Jaw.
- Any child of a member from a group listed below may apply. However, preference may be given to a graduate of Vanier Collegiate, Holy Trinity Catholic School Division.
- Child of a member of CWL or UCWL council St. Joseph’s Church Moose Jaw, Church of Our Lady Moose Jaw, St. John’s Marquis, or the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Moose Jaw.
- Transcript of Grade XII marks signed by the school principal.
- Description of your school, church (most important) and community activities including volunteer work.
- Applicant must be accepted to University, College or Vocational School for the fall term following Grade XII graduation – provide proof of acceptance must be included.
- Application deadline is May 15, 2020. Typically, the deadline is May 1, but due to COVID we are extending the deadline till the 15th.
- Vanier students can submit to Christa Lapointe, Vanier Collegiate Guidance Councilor
- They will then be given to the CWL Scholarship Committee.
- Given to the president of their CWL organization.
- Scholarship will be presented at the annual Vanier Collegiate commencement ceremony in June of each year.
Posted on Wednesday, April 22, 2020 by Admin C.L.
Nelson is committed to empowering student success. That is why we created the Nelson Scholarship Program, a $10,000 award that recognizes grade 12 students for their work in the classroom and in their communities.
Deadline: In May or June – go to the link below to read more about the two opportunties.
The Leader Post Foundation (3 X $5000)
These bursaries are granted primarily on need. Graduating students must be accepted as a full-time student at a recognized institution and provide reference letters. Involvement in school and community must be evident.
The deadline is May 30 each year. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Knights of Columbus, Father Gilpin Council #9760, in 1995, initiated a scholarship to commemorate the tenth anniversary of our council. It is awarded to a Catholic students in their first year of post-secondary education.
Vanier Grade 12 students can click here to get access to the scholarship information sheet and application.
Deadline: MAY 15
MAKE SURE YOU SEND IT TO THE APPROPRIATE ADDRESS!
If you connection is with a different council, you can still apply. It is just that they will give preference to a local member first.
May 1st each year
- May 27, 2020
- Email to email@example.com (send as a pdf, file name: firstname.lastname.Landry.pdf)
- This scholarship will be awarded to a graduate of Vanier Collegiate who has completed all the courses necessary to receive their high school Diploma – Mention Bilingue.
- The recipient will have attended Vanier Collegiate for a minimum of two years, have an average of 75% or better in grade twelve according to the criteria established by the school for this calculation. The financial needs of the family are an important consideration.
- In order to receive these funds the student will submit proof by May 27
May 1st of their enrollment at a University in Canada or in France and taking a minimum of two classes in French in their first year of study. If you do not have proof of registration of classes, please apply anyways before the deadline and state your inention of taking TWO FRENCH CLASSES next year. Once you have registered you can then email proof of enrollment to Ms. Lapointe.
- Application forms for this scholarship are available from the Counsellor’s office or the Office of the Principal. These must be submitted to the Counsellor or the Principal no later than May 1st.
- If in any year the terms and conditions of this scholarship are not met, the scholarship will not be awarded for that year.
Application Form and Information
St. Joseph Parish Council has initiated an annual scholarship in the amount of $1,000.00 to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the Redemptorist Fathers in Moose Jaw. This scholarship will be awarded to a Catholic student from Vanier Collegiate in his/her first year of post-secondary education, who meets the following criteria:
- Application form
- Grade 12 transcript
- 2 letters of reference (Principal, VP, Teacher at Vanier and one from a parish priest/minster)
- Copy of acceptance letter from the post-secondary institution
- Academic standing
- Participation in extra-curricular school activities
- Church Involvement
- Community involvement and activities
- Financial need
Deadline: May 15, 2020
2020 Scholarship Information
2020 Scholarship Application Form