Posted on Wednesday, April 22, 2020 by Admin C.L.
This Scholarship is open to:
- any Prairie South School Division #210 or Vanier Collegiate student whose parent or guardian is a C.U.P.E. Local #5512 member in good standing
- a C.U.P.E. Local #5512 employee while still attending a high school in the Prairie South School Division #210
The amount of this scholarship will be one hundred dollars ($100.00). The scholarship candidate shall be a Grade Twelve graduate during the current school year and shall be continuing his/her education or trade at a recognized institution within the following school year. The scholarship candidate shall have an acceptable academic standing in his/her high school year. The scholarship candidate must be a good citizen, law abiding, and with good school conduct. Involvement in student activities, the community and volunteer organizations would be included in the selection.
Completed application forms must be returned to your school principal/guidance counselor by:
- April 30th of the year in which applying for Rural Schools
- May 20th of the year in which applying for Moose Jaw High Schools – Must be submitted to Ms. Lapointe by this date! Then it will be forwarded on May 30th.
The Scholarship Committee requirements:
- Would like the selection committee to consist of the following: Principal and/or Vice-Principal and Guidance Counsellor.
- The committee, as above, must select only one scholarship candidate.
- If no scholarship candidate is selected, then no scholarship will be awarded for the year.
- Students must be enrolled in their choice of education for the first available semester in the year following graduation.
- Scholarships will be presented annually. One scholarship will be presented to each high school in the Prairie South School Division #210 and one scholarship for Vanier Collegiate, where applicable.
The Hillcrest Ladies Golf League will be awarding a $500 scholarship to a female graduate who will be attending post-secondary education this fall from Peacock, Central and Vanier. The scholarships will be given to outstanding athletes accepted into post-secondary education.
The application must be in the form of a 500 word essay containing the following:
- Tell us about you
- The post-secondary institution you will be attending in the fall
- The role of sport and academics in your life and your future endeavors
- How sport plays a role in the development of character and leadership in women
Submit the application via email attachment (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 12, 2020.
Our, “Women ‘Fore” Women” tournament is being held on July 4. The successful applicants will be notified just prior to the tournament. Good luck and we look forward to reading your essay.
Awarded to a son/daughter of a HTCSD Teacher’s Association Member. The candidate must be accepted into a post-secondary education institute in the year following grade 12 graduation. Preference may be given to an applicant pursing teaching as a career.
Deadline: May 1 of each year
Email the form back to Ms. Lapointe at email@example.com
PDF – firstname.lastname.HTTA scholarship form
Evan Thomas went to Vanier Collegiate for 2 years while playing hockey in Moose Jaw. He touched the lives of many people during his short time in Moose Jaw.
This scholarship was created to honor the memory of Evan.
- Must have made honor roll in grade 11 and 12
- Must be pursuing a post-secondary program
- Must be graduating in the current year
- Must have played hockey or baseball of any kind during his/her time at Vanier
- Sense of humor
- Hard working
- Must provide proof of acceptance into a recognized post-secondary institution
- Must provide a copy of school transcripts
- Must provide a letter of recommendation from a representative from the Moose Jaw hockey or baseball leagues outlining the candidate’s involvement
- Must describe why you would like to receive this award (100 words or less)
- Deadline for submission is June 4
- Must fill out the Evan Thomas Memorial Application form and hand into the office at Vanier
- Application Form
- 2020 – email a pdf copy (firstname.lastname.ETMS.pdf) to CHRISTA.LAPOINTE@HTCSD.CA
- Vanier will email a copy of the applications to Laurie and Scott Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org
The scholarship amount is $500 and will be presented to student at graduation or prior to fall semester.
Laurie and Scott Thomas will make the selection for the Evan Thomas Memorial Scholarship 2020
Posted on Tuesday, April 21, 2020 by Admin C.L.
School Year Budget Planner – school_year_budget_planner
The 6 Most Common Mistakes When Applying to Scholarships – Article
- Ignoring instructions
- Uploading files that are incompatible
- Submitting an incomplete application
- Providing incorrect contact information
- Forgetting to proofread
- Not double checking the deadline
Scholar Tree – https://scholartree.ca/
Posted on Monday, April 20, 2020 by Admin C.L.
Deadline: May 6
Amount: $2500 and $1000
The Prince Edward Arts Scholarship provides funding to students who are Saskatchewan residents and who have been accepted or have applied to study or train in arts programs at accredited post-secondary institutions or recognized arts training institutions.
Eligible Applicants: Students who are Saskatchewan residents, Canadian citizens or permanent residents and are undertaking undergraduate full- or part-time studies at an accredited post-secondary institution or recognized arts training program for a career as a professional artist or arts administrator.
Go online to read over the guidelines, online application form.
For more info:
(306) 964-1164 (Saskatoon) or 1-800-667-7526 (Toll-Free)
Insurance Brokers of Saskatchewan – 2020 Young Community Leader Bursary
The 2020 Young Community Leader Bursary — presented by IBAS in partnership with Wawanesa Insurance — recognizes one graduating Saskatchewan high school student who exemplifies outstanding dedication to making their community a better place. The successful applicant will receive a one-time cash bursary in the amount of $2,500.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
The recipient of the 2020 Young Community Leader Bursary will:
- Be a Grade 12 student in Saskatchewan, graduating in the spring of 2020, with an intent to pursue a higher education within the next two years;
- Demonstrate an exceptional commitment to their community through volunteerism, school involvement, leadership of local initiatives, or other means of engagement;
- Be a role model in their community; and
- Demonstrate academic dedication and achievement with a minimum cumulative Grade 11 average of 75%.
How to Apply
To submit your name for consideration, complete the below application form and return it by e-mail to email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. on Wednesday, June 10, 2020. Please use the subject line Bursary Application.
Website and Application: https://www.ibas.ca/bursary.html
Posted on Thursday, April 2, 2020 by Admin C.L.
Rotary Clubs internationally believe in “Service Above Self;” and as such, The Rotary Club of Moose Jaw is offering Moose Jaw high school students an opportunity to apply for a scholarship to assist with post-secondary.
- Maximum of three, $1000 scholarships
- Application Form, Letters of Reference, 250 word essay, additional information section (100 words for each section) – go over the information on the application form!
- 3 copies of all documents!
- Deadline: May 15, 2020
Cover Letter/Information – Scholarships–Cover Letter 2020
Application Form –
- They have been handed out to Catholic Studies Classes and have been announced on the intercom.
- See Ms. Lapointe or pick one up outside of her room.
Posted on Wednesday, April 1, 2020 by Admin C.L.
To demonstrate our admiration and appreciation for student employees who demonstrate excellence on the job, the Moose Jaw Co-op is sponsoring three $1000.00 scholarships for three student employees. The successful applicants will receive the payout of the scholarship once the proof of enrollment in a post-secondary institution or course is produced.
- Must have worked at the Moose Jaw Co-op for at least 6 months of his/her Grade 12 year, must have a personal Moose Jaw Co-op membership and must pursue some type of post-secondary education. Application must be made within one year of graduating grade 12.
To demonstrate the Moose Jaw Co-op’s commitment to young people in our community, the Moose Jaw Co-op is sponsoring three $1000.00 scholarships for three graduating Grade 12 students. The successful applicants will receive the payout of the scholarship once the proof of enrollment in a post-secondary institution or course is produced.
- Must personally have an active membership with the Co-op or be a family member living in the same household as an active member with purchases of $5000 or more in the previous year.
- Must be a Grade 12 student who is graduating in the year he/she applies.
- Complete the application form
- Answer their questions
- Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN MAY 15, 2020