What is Agrology?
Agrology is the application of science to agriculture, bioresources, food and the environment by professionals. The profession of agrology addresses many of today’s critical issues in production agriculture, food safety and environmental quality.
The Saskatchewan Institute of Agrologists (SIA) offers six $1,000 scholarships for Grade 12 high school students entering a post-secondary program related to agrology.
- One recipient from each of our six SIA Branches will be chosen:
- SIA Northeast Branch Scholarship
- SIA Northwest Branch Scholarship
- SIA Regina Branch Greg Mitschke Memorial Scholarship
- SIA Saskatoon Branch Scholarship
- SIA Southwest Branch Scholarship
- SIA Yorkton Branch Lindsay Boyes Memorial Scholarship
The scholarships are for Grade 12 high school students entering a career in agrology.
- Presently a Grade 12 high school student, graduating in June 2021.
- Have plans to enroll as a first year full-time student in the fall of 2021 in an agrology related post-secondary program that meets the eligibility requirements to apply for registration with the SIA after graduation.
- Must not be an immediate family member of a current SIA Provincial Councillor or Branch Executive member.
Deadline: May 31, 2021
Should you have any questions, please contact me by phone at 306-242-2606 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.