Posted on Friday, November 1, 2019 by Admin C.L.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a full-time student in the process of graduating from high school or currently studying or registered at a post-secondary institution.
- Must complete the current application form and submit it to the Kinsmen, Kinette or Kin Club closest to their permanent residence by February 1. Bursary winners are notified before June 30 by their sponsoring club.
- Must not have previouly been awarded a Kin Canada Bursary.
- Will be evaluated on their community and school involvement, knowledge of Kin Canada and financial need.
The bursary application deadline date is February 1 of each year.The selection process is as follows:
Each club reviews all submitted application forms and selects one to be endorsed and forwarded to the Board of Trustees for review on or before March 1.
The Board selects a number of applicants to receive a bursary of $1,000 each, based on that year’s contributions to the Hal Rogers Endowment Fund. The successful recipients and their sponsoring clubs are notified by June 30.
- Use this year’s revised application form
- Read and follow all instructions carefully
- Answer all questions
- Remember, scoring is based on both effort and content
- Ask for input from friends, parents, teachers, etc.
- Learn about Kin Canada from our website
- Research what the local or nearest Kinsmen, Kinette or Kin Club has done in your community
- Submit your application form to your local club by February 1 and only submit to one club
Posted on Friday, October 11, 2019 by Admin C.L.
The opportunity of a lifetime!
House of Commons Page Program – https://www.ourcommons.ca/About/PageProgram/index-e.html
- social sciences
Posted on Sunday, September 22, 2019 by Admin C.L.
Offers 12 scholarships valued at $42 000 each and includes a research assistantship position and mentorship by one of Guelph’s leading professors. Offered across the nation and recognize academic excellence, innovation, community and school engagement and leadership.
- Submit an online application, letter fro the student applicant
- biographical listing of the applicant’s school and community engagement and leadership for the past three years
- two letters of reference
- official transcript
Deadline: January 27, 2020
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2019 by Admin C.L.
2020 Sessions application is officially open!
Take part in this life-changing experience.
The Forum Experience
A week that will change your life. Would you like to contribute to the future of your community and your country? Are you interested in decision-making and politics? Do you want to create relationships with people from different places? Forum is for you! Be a part of an incredible week behind the scenes of the world of federal politics on Parliament Hill. Make your voice heard during parliamentary simulations and develop unbreakable links with peers that share the same ideas and passions as you.
The 2020 sessions were as follows:
- Sunday, February 9 to Friday, February 14, 2020
- Sunday, March 1 to Friday, March 6, 2020
- Sunday, March 22 to Friday, March 27, 2020
Application deadline: November 30, 2019 @ 5:00pm EST
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2019 by Admin C.L.
Students aged 14-17 who are interested in Canadian History and Vimy Ridge, please consider applying for the Vimy Pilgrimage Award. It is awarded to Canadian students who want to learn more about their nation’s history where it happened! You get to attend a fully funded immersive educational program in Belgium and France!
For more information go to https://www.vimyfoundation.ca/programs/vimy-pilgrimage-award/ .
The deadline is: November 17, 2019.
Posted on Monday, September 9, 2019 by Admin C.L.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 17
at lunch in room 130!
Mandatory for any and all students who need or want assistance with scholarships.
- types of scholarships
- how to approach scholarships
- researching scholarships
- short listing scholarships
- letters of reference
- scholarship packages
Posted on Friday, September 6, 2019 by Admin C.L.
DEADLINE IS NOVEMBER 15, 2019
How to apply for the TD Scholarship for Community Leadership
Each year it seems like the cost of post-secondary education keeps getting more expensive. You’ve saved some money, but you still don’t think it’ll be enough. Maybe you didn’t spend your summers focused on making the most money, instead you created change. Then, there’s good news. The TD Scholarships for Community Leadership may be what you’re looking for.
What is it?
The TD Scholarship for Community Leadership awards students up to $70,000 for college or university (up to $10,000 for tuition per year, $7,500 a year for living expenses) for 4 years. It’s open to students across Canada who:
- Have demonstrated community leadership
- Are in final year of high school or CEGEP (in Quebec)
- Have a minimum overall grade average of 75% in their most recently completed school year
That’s me! I want to apply!
If this is something you’re excited about, then you should look out for applications starting in September. But here is the general process:
1. Write a 600-word essay (three copies) describing your community leadership experience.
- Why you got involved
- How your involvement shows initiative and innovation
- The ways your efforts have strengthened others
- How long you have been involved
- What you think the long-term impact will be
- How your community has affected you
2. Tell us about the other great things you’re doing. Include a brief description of the range of your other community activities with:
- A letter of recommendation from your school
- Two letters of support from community groups
- Your academic transcript
3. If you’re really trying to impress, you also have the option of including:
- A 250-word essay (three copies) describing your family and personal life, for example your family’s employment or economic situation
- A 250-word essay about your life experiences if you have taken a year or more away from high school or CEGEP
Character … Service … Leadership
Grade 12 students who are planning on entering university in 2018 can now apply for the Loran Award at the link below. Please note that our application deadline is October 17, 2017 for all sponsored applications. For all direct pool applicant the deadline is October 24, 2018.
For more information on criteria, FAQ, information on partnering schools and how to apply please go to: http://www.loranscholar.ca/becoming-a-scholar/
2018-2019 Reference Copy – DRAFT