Posted on Friday, December 6, 2019 by Admin C.L.
Are you often described as a leader, an achiever, or an innovator? Do you have limitless drive, ambition, and determination? If so, there’s an opportunity to receive a $25,000 prize towards your post-secondary education.
You could receive a $25,000 prize towards your post-secondary education. With your academic excellence and great communication skills, you have the opportunity to make a positive impact and solve real world problems. You could also be flown to Ottawa and recognized for your achievements at the STEAM Horizon Awards ceremony.
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada by the application deadline;
- be 16 to 18 years of age by the application deadline;
- have been recognized for accomplishments in a formal capacity (e.g., selected as a winner or participant of a science fair, patent application, conference presentation) or less formal capacity (e.g., founding a coding club, developing a course for kids, creating an interactive art installation, volunteer work, community outreach);
- have obtained, over the previous year of study, an academic average of 80% or higher;
- be preparing to enroll in the fall of 2020 in your first year of post-secondary education (university, college or CÉGEP) in a STEAM field at a Canadian institution.
How to apply:
- Application Form
- Create a short video
- Talk to school rep
- Sign form
Deadline: January 15, 2020
Posted on Wednesday, December 4, 2019 by Admin C.L.
There are a variety of Red Cross Psychological First aid, Standard First Aid and CPR AED, and Lifesaving Instructor training that are offered in Moose Jaw in the near future. Check out the link below.
Plan for an education, save, budget and explore student aid and career options.
The University of Regina’s Accelerated Program is a great opportunity for grade 12 students to take a university class such as English 100, Art 220, and Anthropology 100, lessening their course load in their first year at university. Course delivery can be in one of the regional colleges, online or on-campus. Contact Flexible Learning, 306.585.5807.
Apply before December 15!
WorkSafe Saskatchewan’s 2020 Youth Video Contest
Students will create a two minute video to demonstrate workplace safety, health and injury prevention in an engaging way. Prize money to teams and schools are being given.
Deadline for submissions is 4:00 pm on March 26.
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2019 by Admin C.L.
What is your bright idea?
- 6 scholarships worth $4000 each
- Must submit a 2-4 minute video describing their vision for the future of agriculture
Information Letter: G3 Grow Beyond Scholarship
Website: G3 Grow Beyond Scholarship Site
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2019 by Admin C.L.
Terry Fox Humanitarian Awards are open to graduating secondary level students and those studying toward a first university degree or diploma in a Canadian post-secondary institution.
The maximum award value is $28 000 disbursed over four years.
Deadline is February 1st of every year.
For award criteria please visit: terryfoxawards.ca
Posted on Friday, November 1, 2019 by Admin C.L.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a full-time student in the process of graduating from high school or currently studying or registered at a post-secondary institution.
- Must complete the current application form and submit it to the Kinsmen, Kinette or Kin Club closest to their permanent residence by February 1. Bursary winners are notified before June 30 by their sponsoring club.
- Must not have previouly been awarded a Kin Canada Bursary.
- Will be evaluated on their community and school involvement, knowledge of Kin Canada and financial need.
The bursary application deadline date is February 1 of each year.The selection process is as follows:
Each club reviews all submitted application forms and selects one to be endorsed and forwarded to the Board of Trustees for review on or before March 1.
The Board selects a number of applicants to receive a bursary of $1,000 each, based on that year’s contributions to the Hal Rogers Endowment Fund. The successful recipients and their sponsoring clubs are notified by June 30.
- Use this year’s revised application form
- Read and follow all instructions carefully
- Answer all questions
- Remember, scoring is based on both effort and content
- Ask for input from friends, parents, teachers, etc.
- Learn about Kin Canada from our website
- Research what the local or nearest Kinsmen, Kinette or Kin Club has done in your community
- Submit your application form to your local club by February 1 and only submit to one club
Posted on Friday, October 11, 2019 by Admin C.L.
The opportunity of a lifetime!
House of Commons Page Program – https://www.ourcommons.ca/About/PageProgram/index-e.html
- social sciences