Interested in a career in agriculture? Looking for a scholarship?
Then you’ve found the right place!
Canadian Agri-Business Education Foundation awards seven $2,500 scholarships annually to Canadian students who are entering or currently pursuing an agricultural related program full-time at a Canadian college, university or apprenticeship (trade) institution.
Scholarships are awarded to students based on a combination of leadership attributes, and an essay or video response to the question “Name a challenge that you think agriculture can help solve. How will your future career in agriculture allow you to play a role in solving that challenge?”
The agriculture and food industry is an exciting and growing field. Whether you’re looking to become a plant breeder, an agri-marketer, a researcher, part of the agri-retail industry, a PhD, a farmer or an agricultural equipment technician, it all starts with an undergraduate degree, diploma or apprenticeship in an agriculturally based or related program.
Scholarship Eligibility & Information
- Canadian students who will be entering their 1st year or currently in their 2nd or 3rd year pursuing an agricultural or ag-related program at a recognized Canadian college, university or trade school are eligible to apply. Full time students only. Current 4th year or post-graduate students are not eligible to apply.
- Past CABEF scholarship winners and family of CABEF board members not eligible to apply.
- Students must be at least 16 years of age to apply.
- Click here to access the online scholarship application form. (Note: the application form can not be saved. Students have a one-time access to the application form. It’s suggested to type your essay and list of leadership activities in a Word document and then cut and paste into the application form).
- Within the online application, essays can be either in written format or video. Written essays must be between 750 – 1000 words. Videos must be a minimum of 2 minutes to a maximum of 5 minutes in length and provide a YouTube link to the video within the application form. Click here to view video requirements.
- Click here to view the judging rubrics for the essay and leadership activities.
- Entries must be received by CABEF on or before 5:00PM ET April 30th, 2021.
- Winners will be selected and notified no later than May 31st, 2021.
- Winners must provide proof of enrolment from their post-secondary institution by September 30. The students will receive their scholarship money within 30 days of receiving proof of enrolment. Proof of enrolment to be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judging Rubrics – Activities and Video