Posted on Monday, June 1, 2015 by Admin C.L.
The GAAS program was launched by several US trade associations to raise scholarship money to support deserving secondary students, college, and university students who want to pursue a career in the automotive aftermarket.
Deadline: June 15 annually
Purpose: To assist Moose Jaw and area female students in pursuit of a career in a field where women are under-represented.
Value: 2 x $500
- The female student must be enrolled in an approved educational program.
- Have verification of acceptance from the program of study.
Selection: Awarded to a student who lives in the boundaries of south-central Saskatchewan which Moose Jaw Transition House serves.
Application Form: Link
Deadline: June 15 annually
Gerry McCudden Scholarship Award Poster Jan 2015
The CEFPI Saskatchewan Chapter Gerry McCudden Scholarship is a competitive, merit-based scholarship program designed for graduating grade twelve students who desire financial support for their pursuit of post-secondary educational opportunities.
1. The candidate shall be a graduating grade twelve student.
2. The candidate shall have an academic average of 80% or higher in their grade twelve year.
3. The candidate shall have leadership potential as measured by leadership roles in school or community activities, or by creatively and vision demonstrated through participation in school or community activities.
4. The candidate will submit an essay on the required Essay Subject: “There has been increasing evidence that the design and condition of an educational facility has a significant impact on the quality of education and a student’s ability to learn. In 500 words or less, please describe how your high school facility has contributed to the quality of your education. Also, please describe the changes to your high school facility that you would propose, which you feel once implemented, would improve the quality of education.”
5. The candidate must be accepted into a post-secondary educational program following their grade twelve graduation, (i.e.: university, technical school, community college, etc.)
Deadline: June 6
Posted on Friday, May 22, 2015 by Admin C.L.
Only if you are a Sacred Heart and Vanier graduate can you apply for this scholarship in your grade 12 year.
Deadline: May 31, 2015 by 5:00 p.m.
Posted on Thursday, May 21, 2015 by Admin C.L.
The Grand Lodge of Saskatchewan as well as many Lodges sponsor a number of awards, scholarships, and bursaries. Information, including closing dates for applications, along with downloadable application forms are listed on their website. Criteria ranges from academic achievement, sportsmanship, leadership, and involvement. There are a variety of scholarships available to graduating high school students in addition to university students as well.
Deadline Date: August 10, 2015
Website and Application Forms
Moose Jaw Arts in Motion is pleased to announce that the Larry Wilson Scholarship Program will again be available to students who wish to study in the following artistic disciplines:
- Dance (Traditional and Contemporary)
- Musical Theatre (live voice and dance)
- Literature (including writing, journalism, screen writing)
The scholarships are funded from monies set aside by Larry Wilson to acknowledge the contributions that his family made to the arts. They are executed by the South Saskatchewan Community Foundation.
Deadline: June 30
Website and Application Form
Posted on Friday, May 15, 2015 by Admin C.L.
Posted on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 by Admin C.L.
- Scholarship will be awarded to one Grade Twelve student graduating from a Moose Jaw high school (Central; Peacock; Riverview; Cornerstone)
- academic standing; involvement; leadership; volunteer and work experience
- See attached form below for application and more details.
- Scholarship may be deferred for a year if the student is on a year long Rotary Exchange or is deferring post-secondary attendance to work due to financial need.
- June 30 of applicable school year.
Posted on Tuesday, May 5, 2015 by Admin C.L.
- Be between the ages of 17 and 24 on September 2, 2015
- Submit answer to the essay question, which cna be found on the application page, prior to the June 2st ,2015 deadline.
- Have a gpa of 2.5 or greater.
- Be a resident of the US or Canada.