This Scholarship is open to:
1. Any student whose parent or guardian is a CUPE Local 5506 member in good standing.
2. One scholarship will be awarded in the amount of five hundred dollars ($500.00).
3. The scholarship candidate shall be a Grade Twelve graduate during the current school year and continuing his/her education or trade at a recognized institution the following school year.
4. The scholarship candidate shall have an acceptable academic standing in his/her high school year.
5. The scholarship candidate must be a good citizen, law abiding, and with good school conduct.
6. Involvement in student activities, the community and volunteer organizations may be included in the selection.
7. Applications must be submitted to Local 5506 and include a letter of recommendation from the principal or counsellor, and verification of continued education.
8. If no scholarship candidate is selected no scholarship for that year will be awarded.
Submit application form to Recording Secretary – see application form for address.