Canadian Citizens Apply Now! Deadline: March 31, 2018
- Civic Education
- Community Serivce
- Youth Leadership
- Social Inclusion
- Ottawa, ON; Plattsburgh, New York; Washington, D.C.
- July 16 to August 4, 2018
- No application fees and the costs are covered by the Youth Ambassadors Program.
- 15 to 18 years old with at least 4 months of high school remaining, demonstrated interest in the USA, and commitment to implement community service project
Adult Mentor Applicants:
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting youth and an interest in a continued mentorship role.
Who Especially Encourage Applicants:
- Who have not previously visited the USA
- Who are new Canadians
- Who are First Nations, Inuit, or Metis persons
- Who reflect the geographic, ethnic and socioeconomic diversity of Canada
What are the criteria for selection?
- Students will be evaluated on the following factors:
- a demonstrated interest in and commitment to volunteer and civic activities;
- ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and tolerate the opinions of others;
- leadership potential;
- good social and communication skills;
- good academic performance;
- an energetic, positive attitude; and
- ability to implement projects that benefit the applicant’s school and/or community.