Spotlight on Mental Health & Wellness
The Saskatoon Industry Education Council is excited to announce our Spotlight on Mental Health & Wellness. We will host live events, share industry interviews and tours, and provide hands-on lab activities for students and teachers.
Mental Health & Wellness
Monday, January 25 – Friday, January 29
Tuesday, January 26th (11:00 am & 1:15 pm)
Mind Your Money: An Introduction to the Psychology of Spending
- Increasing your financial literacy skills can have a positive impact on mental health.
- Hear from the Credit Counselling Society about how marketing strategies impact our spending choices and what consumers can do to make wise spending choices.
Wednesday, January 27th (6:30 – 7:30 pm)
Occupational & Physical Therapy Career Pathways Panel
- The online panel features representatives from the Saskatchewan Health Authority, industry professionals, and current students sharing their education and career journeys.
- This live event will provide the opportunity for student, teacher, and parent Q&A.
Thursday, January 28th, 10:00 – 11:00 am
Spotlight on Mental Health & Addictions
- Hear from the Saskatchewan Health Authority about careers in Mental Health and Addictions.
- Participants will also learn strategies to promote positive mental health for teens.
Wellness Series – Coming Monday, January 25th
Interested in a career as a Physio Therapist, Chiropractor or Massage Therapist? Hear from local professionals as they discuss their career journeys working in the Health & Wellness sector.
Post-Secondary Video Series – Coming Monday, January 25th
What courses should I take? What would life as a student be like? Hear from U of R Social Work Program, SIIT Mental Health & Wellness Program and Saskatchewan Polytechnic Youth Care Worker Program on options available for you.