Taken from website: https://sha.sk.ca/about/awards-scholarships/application
The Saskatchewan Hockey Association shall award a minimum of eleven (11), $1000.00 Hockey Education Assistance Grants each hockey season. The criteria for applying to for these grants is the following:
- 8 – Regional (zone) members (player, coach or member of the referee’s division)
- 1 – Midget AAA registered player
- 1 – Female registered player
- 1 – Junior A, B, Junior, or Senior registered player
Each applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Must have been registered for three (3) years
- Must be a registrant in good standing in the SHA
- Must have graduated Grade 12 by June of that year except for:
- Junior A, B, C players
- Senior players 20 years of age or under as of December 31st of the current season.
- Must be going to attend a Saskatchewan based University affiliate College, or Saskatchewan Polytechnic.
- Must attend a Saskatchewan institution within (4) years to take advantage of the grant.
- Junior A grant recipients must attend a Saskatchewan post-secondary institute within
- Four (4) years if application requirement is a graduating Grade 12 student during that year.
- One (1) year, if application requirement is as a player 20 years of age or under as of December 31st of the hockey season.
- Recipients may only be eligible to receive the grant once.
Each applicant will be required to fill out and return an application form on or before August 31st of the hockey season.
Each application form indicates two (2) methods whereby a person may apply. They can apply in the zone where the player’s home address is and/or the division of hockey they play in. An example is a player whose home address Zone 1 and plays on a Midget AAA team; the player may apply in Zone 1 and also as a Midget AAA player; or the female player may apply in zone 1 and also as a female player.
The grant will be paid upon proof of enrolment. The proof of enrolment will be in the form of receipts from the educational institution the recipient is attending. The payment, which is to be applied to tuition and purchase of textbooks, will be made directly to the applicant.
A committee of three (3) Executive Committee members of the SHA will determine the recipients of the grant. The President of the SHA appoints this committee. The recipient will be announced by Sept 30th of the hockey season.
Craig Hartl Memorial Scholarship (Goalie)
On behalf of Don and Kim Hartl of Lake Lenore, Saskatchewan, I would like to announce an opportunity for Goaltenders within the Province who will be graduating from Grade 12 this year to apply for a $1,000 Scholarship to honour the memory of their son Craig Hartl.
Craig was a young man who grew up in Lake Lenore playing hockey and the position he loved, Goaltender. Craig passed away in January, 2018 and his family wishes to honour his memory and love of a Hockey Goaltender by offering an annual scholarship of $1,000. The criteria for the Scholarship is as follows;
- The candidate must have completed their grade 12, and they will be attending – university, college, or a trade school.
- They must have been registered in Saskatchewan as a goalie for at least 3 years.
- The candidate must be in good standing in the SHA.
- The student must be an avid volunteer both in the community and in their school.
- Please attach two (2) letters of reference with the application.
- The scholarship will be paid out upon proof of enrollment and acceptance of their chosen post-secondary school.
- Applicant will be required to fill out and return the application and required documents by March 1 of each year.
The Scholarship recipient will be chosen be the Don, Kim and Cortney Hartl, Craig’s family.
SASKATCHEWAN HOCKEY ASSOCIATION
#2-575 Park Street
The following people were awarded SHA Scholarships for the 2018/19 season;
For more information please contact:
Saskatchewan Hockey Association
Tel (306) 789-5101