Golf Saskatchewan annually awards a number of scholarships to deserving student candidates who have made major accomplishments in academics, including golf, in Saskatchewan. The scholarships are named for individuals who have made significant contributions to amateur golf in the province.
Golf Saskatchewan also works with Golf Canada to assist young golfers who wish to apply for national scholarships and bursaries through the Golf Canada Foundation.
To apply for the scholarships that are available in 2019, please click on the link below:
Past SAGE Recipients
- 2018-SAGE RECIPIENTS 2018-06-03
Golf Saskatchewan annually presents up to post-secondary Saskatchewan Academic and Golf Excellence (SAGE) scholarships, and two high school bursaries, to deserving golfers.
The scholarships are:
- Graham DeLaet Scholarship value of $1,500 (two scholarships)
- Golf Saskatchewan Scholarship value of $1,000
- Ron Young Memorial Scholarship value of $1,000
- Fred Fletcher – Ben/Bob Reid Scholarship value of $1,000
- Jack Leddy – Jack Heywood Scholarship value of $1,000
- Hubert S. Cooke – William S. Kinnear Scholarship value of $1,000
- Alex “Kozy” Kozakavich Scholarship of value $1,000
- Bill Gordon Memorial Scholarship value of $1,000
- Meredith MacPherson-Stalwick Memorial Scholarship value of $1,000
- Garry Hayes Memorial Scholarship (value determined annually)
- Golf Saskatchewan High School Bursaries (two bursaries) (value to be determined annually)
In the event deserving candidates are not available, the selection committee may forgo awarding one or more of the scholarships. The scholarships are intended to assist members of Golf Saskatchewan affiliated golf clubs in their pursuit of high school and post-secondary education.
A scholarship will be awarded by the Golf SK Scholarship Committee to those applicants judged most deserving based on:
- Being a member of Golf Saskatchewan/Golf Canada,
- Most of the application weighting based on the applicants current year academic record (minimum grade point average)
- A small weighting is based on:
- the applicant competing at the previous years’ provincial championship,
- the Golf Saskatchewan Order of Merit Tour standings,
- future plans in academics and/or golf, and
- a paragraph/letter outlining why the applicant should be considered.
Note: extenuating circumstances may result in the committee choosing an applicant who may not meet all the criteria.
- Applications must be completed in full and received May 5th at 12:00 PM.
- Late or incomplete applications may be rejected.
- Scholarship recipients will be announced on May 31st, of the application year.
- should an individual not attend a University/College in the application year, she/he will forfeit the scholarship.
- A forfeited scholarship will not be awarded to another applicant in the same fiscal year.
- All cheques must be written to the university/college registrars office.