The Saskatchewan Provincial Council of the Catholic Women’s League of Canada has establised a Social Justic Award. The award is intended to enable young women to engage in social justice work. Young women between the ages of 18-35 years will be eligible to receive up to one thoughsand dollars in one year upon application and decision of the committee.
- Open to young women between the ages of 18-35 years.
- Demonstrated involvement in social justice activities.
- Recommendation of a pastor or campus minister or equivalent.
- The award must be used to finance participation in a reputable social justice activity, either at home or abroad, e.g. Development and Peace, Cuervavaca experience, work in inner city or northern experiences.
- Priority will be given to CSL members or relatives of CWL members.
- The committee may decide to give the yearly amount to one candidate or divide it among qualified applicants
- Academic standing and background will be a consideration but not the determining factor.
- Successful candidates will be asked to share their experience with League members.
- Decision of the committee is final.
Deadline: April 30, 2020
Mail completed application forms to M. Nordick, 242 670 Kenderdine Road, Saskatoon, SK S7N4W5