- Complete the YWRCC and obtain a Certificate of Completion;
- Provide your employer with a copy of your Certificate of Completion; and
- Provide your employer with proof of age and written consent from a parent or guardian.
Employers are required to keep a copy of the young worker’s Certificate of Competition, proof of age and consent from a parent or guardian on file.
If you are 14 or 15 years old and have completed the YWRCC, you will also need to be aware of the employment standard restrictions for 14 and 15 year olds which include:
- You cannot work after 10 p.m. the night before a school day;
- You cannot work before classes begin on a school day; and
- You cannot work more than 16 hours in a school week.
During school breaks such as Christmas holidays or summer vacation, these restrictions do not apply and you can work the same hours as other employees. All other employment standards apply to you.
Website: Young Worker Readiness Site