What is it?
The TD Scholarship for Community Leadership awards students up to $70,000 for college or university (up to $10,000 for tuition per year, $7,500 a year for living expenses) for 4 years. It’s open to students across Canada who:
- Have demonstrated community leadership
- Are in final year of high school or CEGEP (in Quebec)
- Have a minimum overall grade average of 75% in their most recently completed school year
That’s me! I want to apply!
If this is something you’re excited about, then you should look out for applications starting in September. But here is the general process:
1. Write a 600-word essay (three copies) describing your community leadership experience.
- Why you got involved
- How your involvement shows initiative and innovation
- The ways your efforts have strengthened others
- How long you have been involved
- What you think the long-term impact will be
- How your community has affected you
2. Tell us about the other great things you’re doing. Include a brief description of the range of your other community activities with:
- A letter of recommendation from your school
- Two letters of support from community groups
- Your academic transcript
3. If you’re really trying to impress, you also have the option of including:
- A 250-word essay (three copies) describing your family and personal life, for example your family’s employment or economic situation
- A 250-word essay about your life experiences if you have taken a year or more away from high school or CEGEP