The Spirit of Sandra Junior Curling Scholarship is intended for young athletes who participate in competitive curling while pursuing post-secondary education by taking a minimum of 3 courses.
Recipients must be 20 years of age or under as of June 30, 2019, and therefore eligible to compete as a junior curler. The aim is to give talented junior curlers the opportunity to successfully combine their competitive curling pursuits with their academic studies (i.e. September through April) in a Canadian University or College setting.
Criteria For Awarding Junior Curling Scholarship
- 1. Emphasis will be placed on athletes who have competed at the provincial/territorial level or higher.
- 2. Applicants must be committed to curling competitively during the 2019-2020 curling season.
- 3. Applicants must be attending or planning to attend university, college or a CEGEP.
- 4. Must be enrolled with a 3-course load for at least one semester (Fall/Winter/Summer).
- 5. Academic background – minimum grade average of 75% or equivalent grade point average (GPA).
(6 x $5000)
Intended for young athletes who participate in curling in their graduating year from high school and who are attending post-secondary education. Recipients must have an 80% average.