SaskTel Gord Kuhn Scholarship
The SaskTel Gord Kuhn Scholarship has been established in honour of long time SaskTel employee Gord Kuhn. Gord’s career at SaskTel spanned 29 years, and at the time of his passing he was serving as President CEP (Communications, Energy & Paperworkers Union) Local 1-S. This scholarship acknowledges Gord’s valued commitment to SaskTel and his leadership in building a strong employer/union partnership.
The SaskTel Gord Kuhn Scholarship is $3,000 and is awarded to a current SaskTel employee (or immediate family member of a SaskTel employee) attending a post-secondary institution in Saskatchewan studying in a field directly related to telecommunications.
Congratulations to the 2018 recipient, Alison Landstad.
- Be a current SaskTel employee or immediate family member of a SaskTel employee. Family member is defined as the employee’s child or the child of the employee’s spouse or common law partner (includes step-children and adopted children).
- Be Saskatchewan resident (defined by eligibility for Saskatchewan Health Services)
- Be enrolled or plan to enroll in full-time studies (for a minimum of eight months) at a post-secondary educational institution in Saskatchewan.*
- Be enrolled in a degree, diploma, or certificate program directly related to telecommunications. Programs include, but are not limited to, the following: Computer Science, Engineering (i.e. electrical, electronic or telecommunications), Accounting, and Business Administration.
- Have achieved a minimum 75 per cent grade average in their most recent educational standing.
Please note that scholarship applications are not retained past the award year.
Deadline for scholarship applications is March 31, 2020
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our Human Resources Department at 1.866.742.6551 or send an email to email@example.com