All information obtained from their website (http://www.neads.ca/en/about/projects/ete2/scholarship/)
The NEADS National Student Awards Program is offered to encourage full access to post-secondary education for persons with disabilities, who often have greater barriers to participation in higher education, as well as extra costs because of their disabilities. Students must currently be registered in and continuing at post-secondary institution and provide documented proof of registration as part of the application and on receipt of the award. The award will be offered to outstanding applicants who meet the criteria of the program. The awards are paid directly to the post-secondary institution (in the students accounts) that the recipients are attending to defray the cost of tuition fees for post-secondary study.
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada
- Applicants must have a permanent disability*
- Applicants must be currently registered in and returning to a full-time program of study at an accredited Canadian post-secondary college or university. Full-time status is at least 40% of a full course load.
*For the purpose of these awards, a permanent disability is a permanent functional limitation which affects the ability of the student to participate fully in post-secondary education.
- Strong commitment to your academic discipline
- Exemplary record of volunteerism and/or employment
- Demonstrated potential to be an outstanding participant in the community
Value and number available
- NEADS National Student Awards (6, $3,000 each)
- NEADS Holly Bartlett Memorial Award (1, $1,000)
- NEADS Christine Nieder Memorial Award (1, $1,000)
- AMI Robert Pearson Memorial Scholarship (2 at a value of $5,000 each)
Once your application has been submitted, it will be reviewed for completeness and adherence to the above guidelines. Assuming all guidelines are met, selection committees review applications based on the selection criteria described above.
Due to the volume of applications received, only those selected to receive an award will be contacted. Recipients will be contacted by August 1.
Apply to: NEADS National Student Awards Program
National Educational Association of Disabled Students (NEADS)
Rm. 426 Unicentre, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, K1S 5B6
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: April 30