Loran’s Scholars Foundation offer the country’s largest and most comprehensive four-year undergraduate award (valued at $100 000), providing young leaders of character with opportunities to develop their talents and work towards a better world.
Eligibility Criteria for High School Students
- Be in your final year of uninterrupted full-time studies in high school.
- Present a minimum cumulative average of 85%.
- Hold Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Be at least 16 years of age by September 1st of the following year.
If you are currently undertaking a gap year for academic pursuits or community service-based activities, after uninterrupted full-time studies, you may still be eligible and should apply to the direct pool.
Renewable for up to four years, with a total value of $100,000, each Loran Award includes:
- An annual stipend of $10,000
- A matching tuition waiver from one of 25 partner universities
- Personal mentorship from a Canadian leader
- Access to our network and up to $10,000 in funding for summer internships in three different sectors
- An orientation expedition through Algonquin Park
- Annual retreats and scholar gatherings
We also grant approximately 90 finalist and provincial awards to promising candidates who are not selected as Loran Scholars. Read more about our different awards.
Deadline: October 19, 2016 (sponsored pool) and October 26 (direct pool)