The Horatio Alger Association of Canada provides $1.2 million in need-based scholarship support for deserving students in all Canadian provinces and territories.
Scholarships of up to $10,000 are awarded to full-time students in their terminal year of high school with financial need (family income under $55,000) who have demonstrated integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity, a commitment to pursue a post-secondary education, a desire to contribute to society, and a good academic record.
Eligibility for the Horatio Alger Canadian Scholarships and Entrepreneurial Scholarships:
To be eligible to apply for the Horatio Alger Canadian Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be graduating high school (or be in the final year of CEGEP) with plans to enter university in the fall of 2019
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited university
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($65,000 or less annual net income per family is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade percentage of 65
- Attend high school (or CEGEP) and reside in Canada
- Be Canadian citizens
Application Period: August 1 – October 25