Consider the benefits of applying for the Excellence in Ag Program.
The scholarship has a value of up to $20,000, with up to $5,000 per year paid over a maximum of four years.
Paid summer internships will be available for up to three years at a retail co-operative in Manitoba, Saskatchewan or Alberta.
Upon successful completion of post-secondary education, students have the opportunity for full-time employment — including a signing bonus — at a retail co-operative.
Eligibility and application
All applicants must be entering or already enrolled in a diploma or degree program in agriculture or business at an accredited post-secondary institution.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed and signed application form
- Proof of enrolment in a post-secondary institution or conditional letter of acceptance
- Transcript of academic record
- Two letters of reference from a teacher, principal, guidance counselor, supervisor or mentor (with at least one being from a work supervisor)
- 500 word essay or video on one of the following options:
- Co-operatives and their impact on local communities
- The future of agriculture in Western Canada
- The best coach or teacher you have had and what made them a great leader or mentor
Each application will be reviewed and vetted by a selection committee. Only finalists will be contacted for an interview. For detailed application information please reference the Excellence in Ag Program Brochure.
Deadline: October 31, 2018