This Scholarship is open to:
- any Prairie South School Division #210 or Vanier Collegiate student whose parent or guardian is a C.U.P.E. Local #5512 member in good standing
- a C.U.P.E. Local #5512 employee while still attending a high school in the Prairie South School Division #210
The amount of this scholarship will be one hundred dollars ($100.00). The scholarship candidate shall be a Grade Twelve graduate during the current school year and shall be continuing his/her education or trade at a recognized institution within the following school year. The scholarship candidate shall have an acceptable academic standing in his/her high school year. The scholarship candidate must be a good citizen, law abiding, and with good school conduct. Involvement in student activities, the community and volunteer organizations would be included in the selection.
Completed application forms must be returned to your school principal/guidance counselor by:
April 30th of the year in which applying for Rural Schools
May 30th of the year in which applying for Moose Jaw High Schools
The Scholarship Committee requirements:
- Would like the selection committee to consist of the following: Principal and/or Vice-Principal and Guidance Counsellor.
- The committee, as above, must select only one scholarship candidate.
- If no scholarship candidate is selected, then no scholarship will be awarded for the year.
- Students must be enrolled in their choice of education for the first available semester in the year following graduation.
- Scholarships will be presented annually. One scholarship will be presented to each high school in the Prairie South School Division #210 and one scholarship for Vanier Collegiate, where applicable.