- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a full-time student in the process of graduating from high school or currently studying or registered at a post-secondary institution.
- Must complete the current application form and submit it to the Kinsmen, Kinette or Kin Club closest to their permanent residence by February 1. Bursary winners are notified before June 30 by their sponsoring club.
- Must not have previouly been awarded a Kin Canada Bursary.
- Will be evaluated on their community and school involvement, knowledge of Kin Canada and financial need.
The bursary application deadline date is February 1 of each year. You must drop it off in January to a local Kinsmen Member. The earlier the better! They then follow their own process.
- Use this year’s revised application form
- Read and follow all instructions carefully
- Answer all questions
- Remember, scoring is based on both effort and content
- Ask for input from friends, parents, teachers, etc.
- Learn about Kin Canada from our website
- Research what the local or nearest Kinsmen, Kinette or Kin Club has done in your community
- Submit your application form to your local club by February 1 and only submit to one club
For more tips on increasing your chance of success with scholarships and bursaries, check out the Kin Blog.