Saskatchewan Student Loans
The Government of Canada and the Government of Saskatchewan work together to provide student
financial assistance (referred to as “assistance”) in Saskatchewan. Loans and grants are available to
help full-time and part-time students access and afford post-secondary education. (Handbook)
When students apply for student loans in Saskatchewan, they are applying for both Saskatchewan Government and the Government of Canada for loans and grants.
- The online application does not open until June of each year.
- You will need your SIN, Health Card Number, parent SIN numbers, birthdates, professionally named email, marriage and/or date of separation, etc. For more specific details please go directly to their site.
- You may be apply to request the one time relocation amount if you are moving cities ($600). This requires something in addition to the form.
- Eligibility: SK resident, Canadian/Permanent Resident, Financial Need, must take 60% of a full course load, 40% permanent disability, if 22 years older you need a credit check.
- Apply early!
- Loans – you need to pay back.
- Grants – money you do not need to pay back
- Saskatchewan Advantage – $500 each year up to $2000, the Government of Saskatchewan will provide for your education if you stay in Saskatchewan.
- Students with learning disabilities and physical disabilities are able to access additional funding to assist with financing their education.
- Talk to your financial institution if you want to chat about RESPs, student line of credit and more ideas on how to finance your education.
Additional Info and Links:
- Application website and everything else you need to know
- Government of Canada – What student grants and loans offer
- Saskatchewan – Printable Handbooks and Documents
- Grant information for students with disabilities
- Every spring we host a How to Finance your Education in collaboration with Conexus Credit Union.
- Don’t miss it!
How to apply?