Strong Interest Inventory
- The Strong Interest Inventory® test is an assessment that helps people match their interests with potential educational, career, and leisure activities, using an individual’s preferences in a variety of areas to aid them in discovering what they’d most enjoy doing with their work and their free time.
The Strong assessment is an invaluable tool for career development professionals to help their clients navigate the potential minefield of choosing a career. It can also be used to help professional people adapt to lifelong career changes. The range of general and specific information it extracts about a person’s professional interests can empower them in identifying a rich and fulfilling career. It is widely used both at the start of a career, helping students to choose their initial direction at university or in a first job, and at various stages throughout a career, inspiring ideas for those professional changes that typify a portfolio career.
- Backed by over 80 years’ research into how people of similar interests are employed, and what motivates them in the workplace
- Looks at six broad interest areas determining to what extent a person is artistic, social, enterprising, conventional or realistic
- Measures preferences within 30 professional fields, from the arts to law
- Ranks the top ten most compatible occupations from a possible 260 specific jobs
- Describes an individual’s personal style within five workplace themes, such as teamworking, leadership and risk-taking
- Based on large, representative norms that account for race, age and gender
- Cost $20.00 – Talk to Ms. Lapointe for more information.